Wilson report (warning: dead fish pics)

S
steelhead_slayer
my uncle gave me some good eggs. Me and my buddy were the only ones getting any action in that spot.

Yeah i love chums. Aggressive, good fighter, and look bad a**

J
jimmyg
Thanks for the info, Troutmasta!

Thanks for the info, Troutmasta!

troutmasta said:
The guide shop is near mile marker 6 it's burned down but there's a giant gravel pull out in between mile marker 7 and 6 on Highway 6 I would start there and head up stream the river will be rising tomorrow so I imagine the fish will be flying right in and keep going up

Troutmasta- you were right....Water was blown out today...lots of leaves/debri. Tough conditions. Lots of fisherman, no fish on the banks that I saw. Jones creek area was sorta fishable, but everything down by old guide shop hole was chocolate milk. Still good to get out and learn the water/area a bit. I appreciate the reports/insight recently provided.

Are chums still running on the Miami this week?

O
OnTheDrop
jimmyg said:
Troutmasta- you were right....Water was blown out today...lots of leaves/debri. Tough conditions. Lots of fisherman, no fish on the banks that I saw. Jones creek area was sorta fishable, but everything down by old guide shop hole was chocolate milk. Still good to get out and learn the water/area a bit. I appreciate the reports/insight recently provided.

The Chums are definently waining with most other fish at this point... If you get out this week you will find some though

S
steelhead_slayer
jimmyg said:

Both rivers close for chums on the 15th though

J
jimmyg
thnx, guys. I appreciate the insight.

bass
bass
Wow, great report troutmasta, sounds like a weekend to remember forever!

M
MiltSack
Good Lord! That one fish looks like it was dead before you caught it! At least it got to spawn before it was killed.

T
troutmasta
Cute

jamisonace
jamisonace
troutmasta said:

I wonder what he'd have to say about the picture I posted of my fish on the siletz. One thing I've noticed is to never judge a fish by the photo. You can make a darkie look bright by turning it up just a bit for the picture and make a fairly fresh fish look really dark by turning it down.

T
troutmasta
That fish was great! Your right Jamie like we talked about seeing, chrome hens cut white, and darkies with red meat! I dont remember the last time I saw a super super chrome buck nook....(oh wait, yeah I do!)