Wilson is good to these two guys

C
ChezJfrey
Bigboi and I hit the Wilson today and we went 3 for 3.

Being the king of dink 24 inch steelhead this season, I made up for it today with a 37 and 33 set of wilds. Found I need to start lifting weights if I am to keep fighting those things ;)

37" beast
2014-04-06_11-25-33_855.jpg
33" semi-beast
2014-04-06_12-06-55_785.jpg

And using my Jedi mind tricks, we got him into his first steelhead. Here he is tailing his first

2014-04-06_11-39-38_976.jpg

A grand and beautiful day :)

B
bigboy70
yes indeed it was and pretty much all events where called which made it even better lol! the force is strong with this one!
that picture of the beast does not give it justice thing was big!

IMG_0058_zps992b2450.jpg

B
bigboy70
oh yea she had a belly full of eggs for me too so now i gotta do some digging on egg curing lol

troutdude
troutdude
Well done Jedi Masters. May the forks, be with you.

T
TimberTodd
Great trip you guys. Congratulations on your first steelhead Bigboy.

C
ChezJfrey
Speaking of the events being "called" I suppose I can share the story, at the risk of inflating my ego, LOL.

The night before, contemplating the next day's fishing, and feeling discouraged at the Clackamas water predictions (of course I did get that last fish at 15 feet :) ), I noted that the Wilson was predicted for 5.25 ft...this time of year, at that height, I had some great success back in 2012 (I didn't fish the Wilson for most of 2013...I think the only trip I made was with troutmasta on Christmas Eve, which coincides with my first internet video debut...hehehehe). So I texted two people about my plan and only one took me up on it...the guy who opted out is kicking himself now, LOL). Bigboy and I hit my favorite starting point that rarely sees any competition, but after some time, and much to my surprise, nothing. So, plan B is to walk over to the more 'popular' spot nearby. It was void of anglers, so I stand to demonstrate how deep, where to cast, and in doing so, whoops...fish on. That's where the beast makes his appearance.

OK, so I didn't really want to pick all the fish out from under this guy, so get him casting. First cast was a bit short...but go ahead and let it run down, ya never know, but next time a little further out. Next cast is running down, but this time too far out..."pull it closer," I tell him. He is pulling it nearer until I say, "OK, that's perfect, let it go now," he stops and lets it drift and the float is now running down the line I suspect holds fish, and about 10 feet further down the current, boom, float dips under. Bigboy's reflexes take over, rod flies, and shake, shake, flash, there it is! See? I can Jedi force floats down ;)

B
bigboy70
Must say I was impressed lol all this talk on the clack blank blank blank. Then Wilson bam bam bam. Josie was happy when I pulled the fish out lol at home

Last edited:
M
mikeee2362
Wow those are Jaba huge! Way to go BB, congrats on the cherry popper!

D
DrTheopolis
Well done, Gentlemen.

Haven't fished for winters on the Wilson in the last several years, but have pulled some monsters out of there (and back in again). Marked one on the rod to measure it, came out to 42".

Bigboy, very hard to tell from the pic, but looks like that might be a summer you have there.

troutdude
troutdude
bigboy70 said:
Must say I was impressed lol all this talk on the clack blank blank blank. Then Wilson bam bam bam. Josie was happy when I pulled the fish out lol at home

Do you mean that, Josie didn't outfish you this time...with her trademark green wedding ring, and purple sparkle power bait?

B
bigboy70
Nope she was at work all day

troutdude
troutdude
bigboy70 said:
Nope she was at work all day

Then it was the best day that, you could've been out there!

(but don't tell her that I said that...ha ha ha) :D ;)

B
bigboy70
uploadfromtaptalk1397015539595.jpg not a summer lol

T
troutmasta
ChezJfrey said:
See? I can Jedi force floats down ;)

Its just a modified version of the force choke.

Childs play for a Sith Lord.