Willamette River in Corvallis

B
beaverfan
Yes there are limitations on when you can fish for what. Pick up a regulation book when you get your license or read the book on ODFW's website. It is VERY important to be familiar with ther regs before you fish any new body of water.

M
mosd
i google earthed that stretch of the river, and noticed several small canels coming off the main river, any fish up them?

GraphiteZen
GraphiteZen
mosd said:
i google earthed that stretch of the river, and noticed several small canels coming off the main river, any fish up them?

Oh yeah smallmouth, largemouth and crappie.

B
beaverfan
And huge Carp which are always fun when nothing else is biting.

M
mahmichael
Hi guys,

I just read the limitations and found that these months fishing is not allowed in Willamette region, until April.:(
What do you do for fishing?

Are April and May good months for fishing?
I'm asking that because I have to wait until May for a resident fishing license. However, I'm not sure! I may pay 106$ for a non-resident license!!!:shock:

Thanks
Michael

M
mosd
any good fishing down there this time of the year? mostly be doing c/r.. was wanting to make a run down there maybe tomorrow

F
fourgotten
Anatoliy said:
So today I came back with worms. In about 15-20 mnt I caught this guy.

I'm not sure who it is. :lol: Chub?

OK... I know that this is a REALLY late reply on this topic, but I didn't see anyone mention that from the look of things, that first fish appears to be a mountain whitefish (Prosopium williamsoni). (The snout does look to have that distinctive up-turn to it, at least.)

Those insects to which you referred, as suggested, are stonefly nymphs (the one with wings, of course, being the adult form).

Admin
Admin
fourgotten said:
OK... I know that this is a REALLY late reply on this topic
Thanks for the reply, it's never too late to learn ;)

fourgotten said:
Those insects to which you referred, as suggested, are stonefly nymphs (the one with wings, of course, being the adult form).
Actually I spent some time to learn those "creatures" :) Those are stone fly adults. They live under rocks on the bank, they are more greenish and don't have hard shells. I caught several stone fly nymphs, they live under rocks in the water and have black hard shells.

Gee I know so much staff now :D