Where to launch.

plumbertom
plumbertom
Guys, I'm thinking about trying my hand at I guess what they call side drifting.
If I get out to the Siuslaw and wish to launch my Jon boat, where is there a public ramp or a low cost private ramp at or near Mapleton?

P
plumb2fish
If you mean you are going to float with the tide and bobber fish, then there is a lane county launch in Mapleton near the gas station. $3 daily fee can be paid at the mapleton store.

GaryP1958
GaryP1958
Or launch at Tiernan!

rogerdodger
rogerdodger
Tiernan is free with limited parking and no dock, challenging near low tide, it is just west of the C&D RV place, Tiernan is below where I normally see people bobber fishing.

Mapleton Lane County launch is at Steelhead drive, beside an RV park, and there is a self pay station there unless you have the Lane County annual pass. No dock but a walkway down one side with places to tie boat to. at or near low tide this is basically a drift boat only ramp...this ramp is right where I see the most bobber fishing going on.

plumbertom
plumbertom
plumb2fish said:
If you mean you are going to float with the tide and bobber fish, then there is a lane county launch in Mapleton near the gas station. $3 daily fee can be paid at the mapleton store.
Yes, that's what I intend.
Now, would that ramp be what appears to be the end of Steelhead Dr. ?
And Which store?

rogerdodger
rogerdodger
plumbertom said:
Yes, that's what I intend.
Now, would that ramp be what appears to be the end of Steelhead Dr. ?
And Which store?

that is correct, end of Steelhead Dr., just beside the Maple Lane RV Park & Marina.

I don't know about the store, there should be a self pay station at the launch, we get a Lane County 12 month pass at Bi-Mart for $40 ($20 if you are 55+) because Munsel and Siltcoos are also Lane County Launches...

plumbertom
plumbertom
rogerdodger said:
that is correct, end of Steelhead Dr., just beside the Maple Lane RV Park & Marina.

I don't know about the store, there should be a self pay station at the launch, we get a Lane County 12 month pass at Bi-Mart for $40 ($20 if you are 55+) because Munsel and Siltcoos are also Lane County Launches...
That makes good sense, seeing how I'm well past 55. Is that pass date of purchase to 12 months or just year end to year end?
I've never been in a drift boat so I have no idea how launching them compares to launching a jon boat. My john boat draws about 12'' or around there with me in it and the motor up. At a guess i'd say it probably needs at least 30'' of water to float it off when on the trailer. Probably 24'' to run with the motor full down.

rogerdodger
rogerdodger
plumbertom said:
That makes good sense, seeing how I'm well past 55. Is that pass date of purchase to 12 months or just year end to year end?
I've never been in a drift boat so I have no idea how launching them compares to launching a jon boat. My john boat draws about 12'' or around there with me in it and the motor up. At a guess i'd say it probably needs at least 30'' of water to float it off when on the trailer. Probably 24'' to run with the motor full down.

the pass is 12 months from when you buy it.

you should be OK, at low tide there is maybe a foot of water right now...