Where do YOU fish the Wilson

S
Socaaron
Hey guys so I plan on heading out to the coast with a buddy this Saturday and hope to get into some fish(Salmon) And was going to have the Wilson be our main destination, I'm only semi familiar with this river and was wondering if anyone would be willing to point us in the right direction as far as some good spots. I'm not asking you to give up your special honey hole or anything like that but if anyone doesn't mind sharing some good areas it would be appreciated. We'll be banking it as well.
Thanks!

M
Modest_Man
The Wilson has more bank access than any other river, and fish will be spread throughout the system. I would just fish and move. There's way too many spots to list...

B
BOXOR
Modest_Man said:
There's way too many spots to list...

Care to list a couple decent starting/parking points? I've always had great days of fishing while drifting that river but never really had a good day while banking it. I always seem to waste time parking at and exploring the wrong areas. Again, general info is more than enough. I'll find the spots as long as I can get "near" them.

W
waco
Just park and start hiking! :rolleyes:

F
fishtales
I try and start by the old general store that burnt down along hwy 6. There is plenty of sand and gravel to park on below the store. If it is slow there, then I head up river (pulling off where it looks like there is access to the river). Good luck! Plenty of spots to pull over.

O
OnTheDrop
One of the most epic rivers in Oregon if I do say so myself....I've caught Chum, Summers, SRC's, Ho's and Nooks all in a days work. It should be really starting to get good here. Honestly park anywhere off the river from mm6 to mm20 and you will find fish.

T
troutmasta
That is a Beautiful river! Have fun. I like to start by the forestry center.

J
JKham
Thanks for that link to the map. Put it to use today, started low at the RV park and burnt down shop and ended near Jordan creek. No fish but fun exploring.

O
OnTheDrop
JKham said:
Thanks for that link to the map. Put it to use today, started low at the RV park and burnt down shop and ended near Jordan creek. No fish but fun exploring.

Its a tricky river. Probably took me 10 trips to start figuring out how to get 'em there. Granted, I didn't have the knowledge I do now but the beauty of that river kept me coming back. And man am I glad I didn't give up On it since its yielded me some of the greatest memories. Keep putting in your time and youll be rewarded sooner or later.

J
JKham
Question about the Donaldson/Windy Rock spot, never tried or seen the location, I was wondering if I could just drive my truck right up to the bank or do I have to park and walk down? From the overview GPS map it looks like that's a drive able road leading right to a sandy bank? Any info would be great, thanks all.