What's Horton / Hult Reservoir like?

PK Yi
PK Yi
anyone been there? what's it like fishing wise? is there a boat ramp? bass? trout?

Last edited:
T
TimberTodd
According to the book Fishing in Oregon there is a boat launch, but only electric motors are allowed. I have never fished it so I cannot give any firsthand experience. Good luck and let us know how you do.

PK Yi
PK Yi
good to hear that there's a boat ramp. I only have an electric motor so I'm good there. I read that it isn't as good fishing anymore since they drained the lake. but I also read that there are some good cutthroats up there, so that's what I'm after.

T
TTFishon
I love that place. Been fishing there for almost 30 years. Geez, I feel old. lol Bluegill, bass, brown bullhead cutties, bows, ho's, and steel. That's all I have to say. lol

R
RoryONeal
Unless this has changed, all they had was a primitive boat launch there. I like that lake. I might have to go this weekend.

U
UGLYSTICKER
I used to go there when it was owned by Willamette industries and not very many people went there. it had non-stop bass action from an inflatable or small boat but nothing over 2 lbs still a lot of fun though. then I guess the county bought it and made it a park. last time I was there it was packed with campers and I got skunked but it was a great little lake back in the day.

R
RoryONeal
For some reason, they dumped a bunch of boulders in my favorite camping spot there. If you followed the road back a bit, there was a large spot by the creek back where they were logging.

J
JeannaJigs
TTFishon said:
I love that place. Been fishing there for almost 30 years. Geez, I feel old. lol Bluegill, bass, brown bullhead cutties, bows, ho's, and steel. That's all I have to say. lol
You ARE old, Ted. Lol.

They're cracking down on illegal camping on timberland so that's probably what's up with the boulders.

I haven't been there in eons, but last time there was some sketchy bum camp looking situations.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk