Umpqua steelhead

F
fishinandfootball
Got invited to go fish the umpqua today with my friends uncle and his son. We put in at bullock road and floated down to the tyee store there's quite a bit of frog water on this float so we side drifted as much as we could until we came to the first good riffle. We went up on the gravel bar and banked fished the whole run. After getting snagged up a few times I let randy (my friends uncle) use a couple of yarn balls I tied up. Three casts later BAM! First fish of the day nice little buck. Landed him with a Quick pic and off he went. Then randy casts a couple more times on the upper riffle and hooks into a hog of a fish, that striped a good 50 yards of line but the hook poped out. We get back in the drift boat and pull plugs down the the end of the seam where another side channel flow into. Randy oar right down the seam and the right side poll Burries to the water. Russ (Randy's son) tears the rod out of the holder, the fish ran at least 100 yards down stream so we had to chance this pig. Finally after 15 minutes of trying land her we land her in the bank. She was prolly a soild 17 pound fish after a quick pic she was back in the river. With the float almost over with I was thee only one who hadn't landed a fish but as we all were all taking about how big that last fish was, I get my turn and my rod Burries and it rolls and rolls and stays in the current but I eventually pull it in. a nice cherry stripe buck, I tail it for a quick picture and let him go with a big smile for a awesome day on the water!

• image.jpg
  • image.jpg
  • image.jpg
  • image.jpg
  • image.jpg
Reactions: rogerdodger
N
neverbackdown7
Awesome fish! I'm from Creswell too haha

J
jabs67
Sweet Steel!!!!! :cool:

T
Throbbit _Shane
Sounds like an awesome float down the river! Sweet fish!

F
fishinandfootball
Thanks guys it was definatly a good day!

J
Johnny Southpaw
Those Umpqua fish sure are spectacular. Nice job!