Toon float on the Molalla?? Anyone interested?

kirkster
kirkster
If I had a toon I would be all over it. Rain or not I know you guys will have a great time good luck

T
troutramp
those are toads I can't wait to try some of my tactics on those fish. what would you say is the average smallie in there? Oh and what kind of trout?? cutties? An 18 inch cuttie in that river would be fun.

M
Markcanby
The average SM is 12" as for the trout there are some Cutt's but all I caught were Rainbows.

A
adambomb
Markcanby said:
The average SM is 12" as for the trout there are some Cutt's but all I caught were Rainbows.

If you were catching rainbows that were 18" those were steelhead!! Molalla river steelhead are a fairly small strain averaging 3-5lbs.

T
troutramp
Wow smallies, steelhead, cutts, Largemouth, what else is in there? Do any of you fly fish in there? Oh is there actuall rainbows in there? Ok I get it if the rainbow trout is 20 inches or larger it is a steelhead unless it is in certain rivers then the mark is moved down to 16 inches what size rainbow is considered a steelie in the molalla?

Last edited:
G
Growbug
OK.... i will be back in Oregon next week....

another float???

M
metalmania
adambomb said:
If you were catching rainbows that were 18" those were steelhead!! Molalla river steelhead are a fairly small strain averaging 3-5lbs.

I don't fish the molalla for summers, but the winters are way over 3-5. I think the average winter is probably 9-10 , and 14+ ain't uncommon.

A
adambomb
metalmania said:
I don't fish the molalla for summers, but the winters are way over 3-5. I think the average winter is probably 9-10 , and 14+ ain't uncommon.
Agreed, I forgot to clarify that I was referring to the summer run. And yes, the winters are VERY healthy!! P3060041.jpg

M
metalmania
I kinda figured you were talkin about the summer runs, one of these days i'm gonna have to go out and see these little guys for myself:D. And ya molalla winters are quite healthy:lol: They put my little eagle creek fish to shame:(. They brawl like chinook and have shoulders like em to:shock:. There are few things funner then getting your butt whooped by big angry nate steelies:D.

A
adambomb
Butt whooped indeed! I caught the one in that pic with my 4-8lb trout rod!! Not an experience I'll forget anytime soon:D