Toon float on the Molalla?? Anyone interested?

M
Markcanby
Adam is trying to get his hands on a toon. I got my Burban up an going so we can use that. As for start I say we hit the water at 8am

J
jleepga
Good luck guys. Mind giving a report when it's all said and done?

G
Growbug
Preliminary report.

We are all mad.
Water is very wet and cold
Fish maybe in water (but not LM)
BBQ and Beer may be involved.

M
Markcanby
So Im thinking the best way to do this if we all meet at Canby Pond. Load all the toons in the burban an head up to Wagon Wheel. Then Growbug can take me back for my truck. Thats if its just 3 of four of of course. As fore the BBQ my grill wont fit on my toon but I can bring the meat an buns if some one wants to a small grill.

M
markasd
A little bummed I wont be able to make it, work kinda sucks - have wanted to learn that river. Maybe shoot a few pics along the way for us?

Good luck and TIGHT LINES!!

G
Growbug
I will be taking the GPS and marking some nice water along the way, if i can get things to work together, i will GPSTag the photos

How large are the toons that people are bringing? Do they break down?

M
Markcanby
I can break mine down or just put it ontop the burban.

R
ryan808
Im looking forward to this weekend, never floated down a river so Im kind of weary. I got a 8 or 9 ft Skeeter and Im wondering if should be enough to go on the Mollala. Since this will be my first on the river, can you give me a heads up on what to expect, the does, the donts, gear and what not. Let me know if we need anything, Ill be glad to contribute to the group. I have a 4 door Tacoma if we need more logistics support.

Last edited:
O
OnTheFly
Oh Rats! I could'a joined in on the float but I can only fish Sunday and that will be on different water. Mark, let me know about the next one!

G
Growbug
Sorry that you're gonna miss this one... catch you on the next

I am thinking a 9ft Skeeter should be fine in the water that we are going to go. Mine is only a 9ft Rogue

Meat - I can bring some, believe it or not.. i can't eat fish
Small grill - let me see what i can get. I have a 'luggage rack' on the back on my toon.

Meet at Canby sounds excellent idea! 8am there?

M
Markcanby
How about 7:30 that should put us on the water by 8:30. I also have a deck on my toon. I have a small Ice Chest I can put on there.

M
Markcanby
I just checked an the river will still be above 12' on Sat so maybe we should wait to load down our Toon with BBQs an Ice Chest tell the next trip.
With Growbug an Ryan being new to moving water on there toon I it would be best to get a feel for the river first.

R
ryan808
7:30 sounds good, it should be a nice day on Saturday and make for a great fishing day.

G
Growbug
I stopped off at Wagonwheel today to check on water. Yes, its most definitely there!
There was a drifty launching. Its a nice little "beach", completely made of pebbles and a tiny amount of sand.
Good thing is that you can get a vehicle all the way down to the water. Has anyone got 4x4? Otherwise, its park at the top and a short walk down.
Water is moving quite briskly at the launch but looks safe.

R
ryan808
Ive got a tacoma, but its a short cab and limited bed space. If we can fit all the toons in the back I'll be glad to use it. Its a 4 door so if its just us three then it would be an option.

M
Markcanby
The Burb is 4x4 with a 6" lift why you think I bought it? Sure wasn't cause it looks nice:lol::lol:

G
Growbug
Chevy C2500 Silverado Diesel 6.5, Extended Cab, 2 door, 3/4t, large bed, perm bed cover, NOT 4x4

We could fit all the toons AND all the people in this one.

M
Markcanby
Grow did you see my post about bagging the BBQ idea? I think with the water being allitle fast it would be best to go lite.

G
Growbug
I agree.
PEOPLE PACK A LUNCH AND SNACKS.

also
PEOPLE NEED TO BRING LIFEJACKETS

R
ryan808
Ill see you gys at 7:30