Toon float on the Molalla?? Anyone interested?

G
Growbug
Great day on the water. I didn't catch anything of note (tiny little twout), but I will let the two real fishermen tell their own stories.
I learnt a LOT.
First time targetting bass.
First time on a river.
Toons on Reservoirs/Lakes and Toons on Rivers are completely different beasties, which I expected. Spent more time "fixing" than actual fishing. I now have a few design changes to make to the toon.

Check this channel again in about 3-4 weeks for another Molalla Smallie hunt.

M
Markcanby
Not much to tell went for Smalls got a big Cutt an 3 huge squaw

G
Growbug
at the start of the day, i would have never thought that we would have needed sunscreen

R
ryan808
Good day on the water, regardless of fish or not I had a great time. We definitely have to do this again, good times with great guys.

T
troutramp
how big was that cuttie mark? i am looking forward to hitting this river in a few months when i get there from AZ, I enjoy your posts thanks.

M
Markcanby
It was around 15". What part you moving too?

T
troutramp
mollala

mollala

I will be moving to mulino right on the mollala upstream aways from wagonwheel

G
Growbug
i am sure that we are gonna throw our 'toons at this river again. You will be welcome.

T
troutramp
float

float

I can't wait:pray:

M
Markcanby
Ok so the River is finally getting into a good Bass fishing shape anyone interested

R
ryan808
Im ready to go. Ive been itching to hit the water again.

M
Markcanby
Ok so here the revised plan We meet at 8am at Canby Pond

R
ryan808
This Saturday?, This time I bring the spinning rod.

J
jleepga
Good luck guys.

M
Markcanby
Well I guess its going to rain tomorrow:rolleyes: Well we are do for rain its been dry for 2 days.:lol:
So I dont know if anyone still wants to go?

R
ryan808
I'l still go, I dont think theres going to be any rain during the day I believe its only going to be early morning. Or I could be wrong as all weather reports to Oregon are. Either or If anyone plans to go Im in.

M
Markcanby
Ok I'll be there about 8

R
ryan808
Anyone else planning to join?

T
troutramp
Oh yes there are smallies in that river as well............ what size do they get to ? I love smallies I have been fishing them more lately than I have for trout

M
Markcanby
I pulled 1 SM today that was pushing 20" an a good 3lbs Also to my surprise I pulled a LM about teh same size. An of course a bunch of trout from 8 to 18. Dam trout wont stay off my Rapala.