Today is the day for stocking; I called the hatchery

T
teubie
dang it, it is thursday. someone had some bad info. frudtrated but thank you for the info.

Last edited:
G
grampa ron
Stocking is NOT today. it's Thursday

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
:think: :popcorn:

Reactions: fishtales
C
coyo7e
Raincatcher said:
:think: :popcorn:
Whoa man, now I feel bad for all those people who were out fishing - one group even had a 10'x10' camping awning up over their chair and coolers! :confused:

Then again, you could play a little Ultimate on the brand new course that doesn't officially open until next week, too..!

G
grampa ron
I love it. They should check for themselves!

T
teubie
Yep, I am a dork!

Yep, I am a dork!

I arrived with the people with the canopy...very nice folks! In fact, one of the young girls caught her first fish today there. So I am the idiot that said they were stocking today and stayed from 8-1pm. If I played ultimate, I would probably be there a week early. That is ok, I usually fish every day so it was not too bad. Met some great people today. Tomorrow it will be a line up of people with some greedy fishing folks. I enjoy the slow speed.

T
teubie
I called the hatchery and a guy told me today, so i got bad info. So I did check for myself. I am competent, however I believed what he told me. So a sucker, maybe!

Reactions: fishtales
G
grampa ron
No need to talk to anyone. Just listen to the recording. People catching a limit and leaving is not greed. If there are greedy people are taking over their limit call the 800 number on your license. If I see people doing that I will tell I'm turning them in. It stops pretty quik. I have gotten people busted at JC Pond. What's just about as bad, is all the catching and killing from miss handling of the fish. You always see a lot of dead fish after everyone leaves. If the state would put in bigger fish that wouldn't happen. I really gripes me that a lot of the fish are not acrually legal. By the way, I talked the state cop about the size limit. He will ticket you for fish under 8". IT AIN'T RIGHT!

F
Fast Eddie
any word on if it has been stocked yet today?

R
rippin fish lips
Fast Eddie said:
any word on if it has been stocked yet today?
Prolly around 11 -12ish

G
grampa ron
I was there when the truck arrived. I tried talking to the idiot woman that is the driver. She puts fish in the duck pond where there was nobody fishing. Hardly anyone ever fishes there. It's so shallow that the fish take off immediatly. I tried to make her see common sense. It didn't work. Everyone should call the biologist in Springfied and complain. His name is Jeff Ziller at 541-726-3515.
The best I could tell, most people did not catch anything.

Last edited:
F
Fast Eddie
I was there for 4 hrs with my 4 yr old son when the truck dumped the fish. We didn't catch anything but some of the people around us caught some. I have more luck out on the Mckenzie where they don't stock.

C
coyo7e
grampa ron said:
No need to talk to anyone. Just listen to the recording.
For what it's worth, lately the recording has not been updated until 1-3 days behind the actual day I've called on the last 2 or 3 stocks. :(