Things you have hooked besides for fish

C
ChezJfrey
Wow, some really exciting stuff.

Other than the inevitable branches, weeds and lost fishing tackle, the only other thing I've snagged is a few submerged plastic bags.

F
Fishydog
While fishing for tuna out of San Diego I caught a cormorant :shock:
It was still the biggest thing in the boat that day :lol:

troutdude
troutdude
bigdog said:
I hooked one of my fish I had on the bank one time while casting out lol.

That gives a whole new meaning to Catch and Release.

T
TimberTodd
When I was about 11-12, I caught my brothers ear with a bass plug. Boy let me tell you the fight was really on after dad removed the hook.
Todd

G
Growbug
A 30+ft Canal Boat (back in the UK), a guy in a float tube (Silverton Res) and a size 12 fin (Trillium) to name the largest and most animate.

Guy in the float tube was a couple of weeks ago at Silverton Res / Silver Creek Lake. Was out there with my 5wt and caught the back of his fly jacket with my backcast. I had been sat there on my toon and the guy just floated up behind me. He actually apologized to me for entering my space! He also complemented me on the fact that my forward cast pulled him about 6 ft through the water!

Last edited:
H
Hawk
3 seagulls & a partridge ina pear tree.

hahahahahahee
:lol::lol::lol::lol:
:cool::cool:

F
fishingfreak
Hawk said:
3 seagulls & a partridge ina pear tree.

hahahahahahee
:lol::lol::lol::lol:
:cool::cool:
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

G
GDBrown
Seagulls and an Octapus when I was a kid in Tacoma. Most recently it has been bats while fly fishing in the evening on the Wilson. My most often misHook is my own fly line while fishing in the wind.

O
OnTheFly
Growbug said:
A 30+ft Canal Boat (back in the UK), a guy in a float tube (Silverton Res) and a size 12 fin (Trillium) to name the largest and most animate.

Guy in the float tube was a couple of weeks ago at Silverton Res / Silver Creek Lake. Was out there with my 5wt and caught the back of his fly jacket with my backcast. I had been sat there on my toon and the guy just floated up behind me. He actually apologized to me for entering my space! He also complemented me on the fact that my forward cast pulled him about 6 ft through the water!

I can vouch for the size 12 fin.:D Although not a fish, it put up a helluva fight.

W
wozniasm
Mine was fishing for trout back in Georgia where I had 5 on a metal stringer (daily limit is 8). I lip hooked my six, put it on the stringer and went about fishing. Next time I looked, my stringer was gone. The last one ended up dragging the entire stringer, fish and all, into deep water. Well, I was quite pissed but wanted trout for dinner so I continued. Well a half hour went by and I got a tap, set the hook and it felt like I hooked on to a catfish since it wasn't really fighting but a heavy pull. I'm sure you've figured it out by now - I ended up snagging my stringer and brought the entire thing back in...

F
fishingfreak
wozniasm said:
Mine was fishing for trout back in Georgia where I had 5 on a metal stringer (daily limit is 8). I lip hooked my six, put it on the stringer and went about fishing. Next time I looked, my stringer was gone. The last one ended up dragging the entire stringer, fish and all, into deep water. Well, I was quite pissed but wanted trout for dinner so I continued. Well a half hour went by and I got a tap, set the hook and it felt like I hooked on to a catfish since it wasn't really fighting but a heavy pull. I'm sure you've figured it out by now - I ended up snagging my stringer and brought the entire thing back in...

:lol:That is Awesome man! Thanks for sharing that!:clap:

B
bigdog
wozniasm said:

:lol: you were meant to have that trout dinner that night then :lol:

troutdude
troutdude
wozniasm said:

I'd call that catch and release and catch and.........

:lol::lol::lol:

T
the_intimidator03
I remember hooking a dead cow.... darn thing wouldnt budge stupid animal... no wonder beef is whats for dinner. other than that I had a run in with a blue heron on my back cast at alton baker park. can't think of anything else for the moment. Oo wait one more... Seagull on the columbia river.. it was alive when i first saw it on the water but was dead by the time i got it... came out of it with a nice purple diving stick bait... seagull tried to eat it and hooked its feet and beak into it.

H
halibuthitman
Modest_Man said:
A dead bloated beaver.
this can't be beat.. and I have caught a lot of crap..

O
OnTheFly
halibuthitman said:
this can't be beat.. and I have caught a lot of crap..

Nice to have you back Brad. Yeah I agree. The thought of that about gagged me.

S
Slash
I've caught my fair share of Oregon along with cleaning leaves and sticks out of the rivers,lots of tackle ect. but at Bonneville 2 months ago, the peak of the nook run i pulled in a wad of tp Yes (Toilet Paper). im glad it wasn't a used pad.

Last edited:
T
TTFishon
One bat, one blue heron, countless sticks, a few rocks, one cheek, one eyelid, who knows how many balls of fishing line, a few lures, some logs, a dead salmon, and myself.

F
fishtales
I went fishing this morning for a bit. I saw a family of river otters or muskrats swimming around and hissing. Next thing I know my line goes taught and I can feel the head shake of what ever is on the other end. I was not sure what it was at first but turned out to be a salmon. :D

T
TTFishon
fishtales said:
I went fishing this morning for a bit. I saw a family of river otters or muskrats swimming around and hissing. Next thing I know my line goes taught and I can feel the head shake of what ever is on the other end. I was not sure what it was at first but turned out to be a salmon. :D

Was it more of a heavy breathing type sound? Otters make a sound like that. Not sure if I've had a muskrat or nutria hiss at me.