The pond next to Corvallis on highway 34

N
nyersa
Went back to the pond with a dozen worms and my 4 year old. We saw a ton of large carp jumping, but after a few minutes targeting them switched over to fishing for panfish/bass. She ended up catching at least 8 bluegills in under 30 minutes. While they wernt biguns, it was sure fun to watch her light up and shout "another one daddy!". I went down around the west end of the pond to where the trees come out and overhang the water.

B
bigsteel
i was just curious how do you get to the pond,,,i am looking for a place to fish around albany....

M
Mike123
I'm told by my father this is owned by Knife River(Morse Bros)....

They don't care that you fish it?

T
TTFishon
I'm told by my father this is owned by Knife River(Morse Bros)....

They don't care that you fish it?

I think your dad's right. They have a couple of really nice looking ponds at their site too. While waiting in line for a load of asphalt this summer I was practically drooling while I watched the fish activity in their back pond.

M
Mike123
I think your dad's right. They have a couple of really nice looking ponds at their site too. While waiting in line for a load of asphalt this summer I was practically drooling while I watched the fish activity in their back pond.
Yea my dad worked for Morse Bros for 20 years at the Albany plant.. he just retired from driving truck.

One of the ponds is open to the public, the others are private, at least thats my understanding... checkout this post

Hmmm.. that is pretty cool that they do that. I know they are super up tight about not letting anyone hunt or fish on their property anymore. WAYYY back when you could fill out a permit to fish. We got access to the entire Albany plant since my dad ran loader there. My dad dug a lot of the ponds in Albany and some of the ones here in Lebanon. He told me most of them are DEEP.

N
nyersa
Sort of along this line, does anyone have any suggestions of places nearby Corvallis to do some winter trout fishing?