The Hotdog rig...for carp?

J
john montana
They are a little harder to catch than you think Jim...you will find out in may, or hasn't Eggs broken the news to you?

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
Moved to "Fishing Video" forum...;)

O
OnTheFly
Gee wizz John, it only took you 19 minutes for you to bite on that one.:D.

O
OnTheFly
john montana said:
Jim...you will find out in may, or hasn't Eggs broken the news to you?
Eggs? Eggs who? I don't know any eggs. What news? jk. Just don't hit me up at the end of May during the salmon fly hatch. I will be out of town.

J
john montana
Good timing...coffee shop breakfast with the kids.

Might shoot for late April. May is getting busy for me as well, but the carping has been good. I have caught about 85 carp already this year...hah!

We will need van to show up and play photographer.

305-C42ED6B50059-1777-000000EFC0276259_zps659f7928.jpg

O
OnTheFly
85 carp already? I thought you said they were hard to catch?:rolleyes:

J
john montana
I have had a lot of targets...the warm spell made em nuts. Best early season I have ever seen.

O
OnTheFly
Well for your sake, let's hope for a warm day so Mark can do his photo shoot.:rolleyes:

T
Troutier Bassier
I'm not sure about hotdogs for carp... but I'm certain they work for catfish. You know those hotdogs with cheese inside them? a little 2" piece on a hook kills them off at the john day river... haha
Anyways! Onthefly, if you're ever trying to go plunk for some carp, let me know. I'll take you on a "guided trip" ;)

I
igquick
I guess you could call it plunking lol, when the current takes ur bait downstream I know what your talking about ;-)

First off, I actually tried this rig for sturgeon off the bank, complete waste of time, the hot dog kept coming off, im sure it could work easier on a boat, cuz on the bank i kept trying to cast far...and like troutier said, its just too damn big, unless the carp have literally no fishing pressure...

Iv'e tried smaller cuts of hot dog, dipped and cured with stinky stuff, but it didn't work well for the first hour nighttime at salish....then tried the hair rigged bread ball...got my first carp 33" long