The First annual fish OFF...

F
FishTastic
sounds fun

sounds fun

I just noticed this, is it for all OFF members? It sound like fun. I fished Detroit a couple years ago for their anual trout derby. It was cold but we had fun.

One thing I will mention is that boaters have a supperior advantage over bank fisherman on these waters, any thought to handicap points to the bank anglers to level that playing field a little?

I like the idea of hats or shirts, it anounces who we are and may attract more members, plus it's kind of cool to have a souvanier from the first of something.

I am sure this has been mentioned, it would be extra neat to have all of the members congregate in the same camping area so that everyone has a chance to meat eachother and mingle after fishing.

Also, where would everyone check in before and after? I think the detroit store does weighing and recording for events??? not 100% sure though.

Sounds fun, I would like to attend if I may?

18406ej
18406ej
FishTastic- the event is open to any OFF member. Of course you can attend- the more the merrier.

F
FishTastic
Excellent I will mark my calendar. Should be great fun! :dance:

C
Commodore S
How Many?

How Many?

FishFinger

Have you got an idea about how many are plan'in on showin up for this event. Have'nt seen a lot being posted, just don't want this thread to get stale. If you need any help, with anything let me know. We went up there 2 weeks ago to check out the site but they ran me out, because of tree thining going on in the camp ground. Will try agian this next week, hope I can just beach my boat:pray:

Troutski
Troutski
Extra site...

Extra site...

When I booked my camp site I booked an extra one; mainly for trailer parking for the group...we can do this can't we? If not I will have an open camp site on that weekend.

Chuck

F
fishinmachine
One thing I will mention is that boaters have a supperior advantage over bank fisherman on these waters, any thought to handicap points to the bank anglers to level that playing field a little?

Could you have two classes? Bank and Boat? And then also have an open class for overall big fish?
Just throwin stuff out there...

Troutski
Troutski
Open seats...

Open seats...

fishinmachine said:
Could you have two classes? Bank and Boat? And then also have an open class for overall big fish?
Just throwin stuff out there...

As the date nears we will be posting open seats for the event, so don't give up hope. I will be by myself for the weekend and as far as I can tell my seat is still open.

Chuck

P
PDXKush
I'm very interested in going. If anyone would like to sell me a corner of your site and I can post my tent up there I'd be very appreciative. Sounds like this is going to be a blast. PM me.

B
beaverfan
So we gonna do this again this year? Anyone want to volunteer to do the planning? New location?

M
mosd
id deffantly be up for this one, any ideas floating around out there?

B
bigsteel
lets do it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

T
Thuggin4Life
My vote is for a central lake sometime in may fishing for browns,rainbows,kokes,and macs. Wickiup? Lots of free camping.

B
beaverfan
I think we should have people nominate a lake and then start a thread with a poll and whichever lake wins we go to? I guess if no one steps up to organize it we can just do like a group effort deal.

jamisonace
jamisonace
I'll throw this out there. I have a couple acres about 12 miles east of Crescent Lake. I'll be keeping my travel trailer on it this summer to use as a base camp for central oregon fishing. It's not the same as being on the water and there are no services (water, eletricity, septic) hooked up yet but its free and if we are anywhere near there with the fish OFF I could host up to about 6 or 7 tents or a couple trailers on it. Most of it is wooded so there aren't 2 acres of open space to crash on. We can talk more about it if we end up going in that direction.

GraphiteZen
GraphiteZen
Sweet man!!

T
TTFishon
jamisonace said:
I'll throw this out there. I have a couple acres about 12 miles east of Crescent Lake. I'll be keeping my travel trailer on it this summer to use as a base camp for central oregon fishing. It's not the same as being on the water and there are no services (water, eletricity, septic) hooked up yet but its free and if we are anywhere near there with the fish OFF I could host up to about 6 or 7 tents or a couple trailers on it. Most of it is wooded so there aren't 2 acres of open space to crash on. We can talk more about it if we end up going in that direction.

Wow! That's awesome of you.

T
TTFishon
Thuggin4Life said:
My vote is for a central lake sometime in may fishing for browns,rainbows,kokes,and macs. Wickiup? Lots of free camping.

My vote is for Wickiup also.

B
beaverfan
Yup pretty cool! Doesn't Crescent have some pretty good fishing too? There are all kinds of places near there to fish I'm sure. Lets get some more ideas out there, if you know of a place that would be great for a large group of people don't hesitate to post it!

N
nwkiller
wickiup sounds awesome, iv caught some super nice fish there, browns and bows mainly, i think it would be a great lake to get OFFed....and yes there is tons of other fishing arounds there, harris lake...fly fishing the gold lake...... cresent is good but difficult, but if you have all the proper gear then its bad a@$! thanks for the campsite donation, my tents ready.......

O
Outdoor_Myers
I would need more information and maybe directions Since I dont know many lakes i'll leave it up to you guys and see if it falls on the week we have the kids or not maybe a get a way for me and the lady.