The First annual fish OFF...

F
Fish Dawgs
how much are those jigs? Are they homemade?:)

C
chris61182
Troutski said:
Lets not forget Miller lake and Lake of the Woods...both are 24 hour fishing and they both offer Browns and Rainbows....trust me it is a lot harder to do than is sounds, very cool but very difficult.

Chuck

What zone(s) are those in? I'm half tempted to look at the wording and see about replicating it for when in a few years they open up the regulation process to the public again. See if we can't get a more sensible regulation on the books as zone wide regulations.

A
ArcticAmoeba
chris61182 said:
What zone(s) are those in? I'm half tempted to look at the wording and see about replicating it for when in a few years they open up the regulation process to the public again. See if we can't get a more sensible regulation on the books as zone wide regulations.

That is something I would certainly get involved with. I have targeted Salmon, and Steelhead in the dead of night, bitter cold winters, and you have the makings of an epic battle. Night Stalking is one of my favorite, "old" haunts. And I miss it. Good idea Chris. Thinkin ahead.

F
fish_4_all
Fish Dawgs said:
how much are those jigs? Are they homemade?:)

Check your pm's fish dawgs.

As for night fishing, there is always a chance that the department of fish and wildlife could make an exception and allow a night fish for a sanctioned derby. I don't know if you are going through them for the derby but it is an option. I know the local offices up here are good for allowing "special rules" for tournaments and derbies without too much hastle.

F
Fishtopher
You get your site yet Dan?

F
FishFinger
To answer your question 2 weeks later...lol

Yes camp FishFinger is officially reserved at Site B-8. I'll be stringing hazard tape around the perimeter to give people amply notice of the dangers that lurk beyond....

On the other hand I also reserved B-7 as my only "neighbor". I understand that no one in their right mind would want to camp down wind from camp fishfinger so I may have to offer this site up as a location to hold "OFF" workshops which Barb has been spear heading.

Somehow I also ended up with B26. I'll put it up for grabs as things get closer.

We need to begin to nail down the derby rules and quarry over the next few months, I think we have some great ideas already in the hopper.. Time to refine em' in gettin' close.

As well, AA mentioned we should establish protocol for ethical harvesting. Being a contest and all we honestly need to a handle on the amount of damage inflicted on "non keepers"

Last edited:
R
rainbowfisherman
anything being caught right now if you dont have a boat?
rainbows
kokenee

F
FishSchooler
What if you dont catch anything because you have a curse and when you have the exact same bait/rig as the person next to you that is catching tons of fish and you are right next to them and you dont get anything besides some weeds just like what happened at Henry Hagg Lake? :rolleyes:

F
FishFinger
rainbowfisherman said:
anything being caught right now if you dont have a boat?
rainbows
kokenee

I haven't heard anything. The weather buggered up my plans heading east over the hoildays. The lake has been drawn down for a while now. I think the only usuable launch is at Marigold.

C
Commodore S
D-25

D-25

Went for the site next to boat launch. I,ll need all the advantage I can get. Fishfinger check your site agian B-8, It said it was available. Anyways can't wait to see everyone up there.

F
FishFinger
Commodore S said:
Went for the site next to boat launch. I,ll need all the advantage I can get. Fishfinger check your site agian B-8, It said it was available. Anyways can't wait to see everyone up there.

Wow thanks for the heads up. I didn't secure B7 & B8 as I though rather B7 & B26?

I went back and secured B8

Again thanks for noticing my blunder.

Last edited:
Troutski
Troutski
B-8

B-8

I just reserved my sites and they said that B-8 was still available..? Maybe you should double check.

Chuck

F
FishFinger
Troutski said:
I just reserved my sites and they said that B-8 was still available..? Maybe you should double check.

Chuck

I checked available sites in the B loop this morning, B8 was gone yet 2B6 was available...? So I went to the confirmation page . It says I have confirmed reservations for B7, B8, & B26.

Troutski
Troutski
Cool...

Cool...

FishFinger said:
I checked available sites in the B loop this morning, B8 was gone yet 2B6 was available...? So I went to the confirmation page . It says I have confirmed reservations for B7, B8, & B26.

Good.....looking forward to this first of many...

Chuck

A
apollo96
Fishing Derby

Fishing Derby

I do not know if any one of you have had experence on putting on any thing like a Derby or any thing that takes what it is going to take to do this... it is not as easy as one, two, three, go.... you are going to have to make agroupe and give it a name and incorperate it and get licens and insurance... because there is bound to be some one that will wont to sue you over a hang nail... a water wake on some one that is not even in the event un less you close the water ways down to every one out side of the Derby and how are you going to do that with out the fish and Game to run this for you....there is a lot to do and it take time for paper work... if they wont to they will hold up paper work for months on this .....this can take you a year to put things together... or even more.... please do not set a date to do this right now....do some good looking in on licens... food handlers cards, because of the BBQ you might need them....do not know for sure but check it out and you might have to get an attorney to draw up the rules and regs....

Have fun and do things right please:)

F
FishSchooler
apollo96 said:
I do not know if any one of you have had experence on putting on any thing like a Derby or any thing that takes what it is going to take to do this... it is not as easy as one, two, three, go.... you are going to have to make agroupe and give it a name and incorperate it and get licens and insurance... because there is bound to be some one that will wont to sue you over a hang nail... a water wake on some one that is not even in the event un less you close the water ways down to every one out side of the Derby and how are you going to do that with out the fish and Game to run this for you....there is a lot to do and it take time for paper work... if they wont to they will hold up paper work for months on this .....this can take you a year to put things together... or even more.... please do not set a date to do this right now....do some good looking in on licens... food handlers cards, because of the BBQ you might need them....do not know for sure but check it out and you might have to get an attorney to draw up the rules and regs....

Have fun and do things right please:)

It does not have to be a real "derby" its just a fun fishing get together....

A
apollo96
well if you would have said just for fun:lol: but you still have to follow the fishing rules....:clap: You boys have fun :lol: will wait to see who wins it and we wont pitchers also :)

Troutski
Troutski
Everyones....

Everyones....

Everyone is welcome to jump in and have a ton of fun meeting and greeting, getting to know one another. Even you apollo96, who knows,maybe you will meet that perfect stranger...
I think this thing is over due, we are all going to get together and have a great weekend; create some very funny stories.
I for one will take a ton of pictures.......Lets see how many members are going to make an effort to make it to the Off weekend at Detroit.
If you are interested chime in and we can count them up...

Chuck

A
apollo96
Detroit week end

Detroit week end

Troutski said:
Everyone is welcome to jump in and have a ton of fun meeting and greeting, getting to know one another. Even you apollo96, who knows,maybe you will meet that perfect stranger...
I think this thing is over due, we are all going to get together and have a great weekend; create some very funny stories.
I for one will take a ton of pictures.......Lets see how many members are going to make an effort to make it to the Off weekend at Detroit.

Chuck

well we will see what happens.... i have to save up to get licens and then gass....i am not even sure that i will have time to come down there....i sure would like to if i could but the family is planning on a reunion and my sister might have dog shows at that time.... thanks for the invite and if i can i will be there.... :cool:

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
Troutski said:

Chuck

Abso-rootin-tutely! Count me in! :dance: :clap:
Barb
ps
fishing is not just for guys,ya know...:naughty: