The Big M

O
OnTheDrop
(Metolius) Well, as some of you know I've been targeting the M a little bit lately in hopes of some trophy trout. I just wrote a rediculously long post and my computer froze so I had to restart. Little upsetting considering it took me 30 minutes to write it hahaha. To make a long story short. I landed my first fish on the M today. It wasn't a bull trout though. It was a beautiful rainbow. about 20"+ and girthy. Was probably my prettiest bow that I've ever landed..Also, I had my best oppurtunity yet to get a bull trout on the fly but I guess I thought it would be cool to not set the hook......... Was a decent size one too. Guessing atleast a 5 pounder as I saw this whole event right in front of me. Oh well. Here's a few pics, hope you enjoy. :D
P1000383(6).jpgP1000383(5).jpg

Last edited:
V
Van
That certainly is a pretty fish. Grats

F
FlyBum
Aren't those bows just so nice! :) I'm all to familiar with getting caught up in the scenery out there and missing the hook set!! :shock:

T
TTFishon
In the first pic it looks like it has a smile on it's face. lol Beautiful trout man!

brandon4455
brandon4455
wow!! those redbands are pretty fish..hard fighters too. congrats

S
Sinkline
Trout don't get much prettier than that, great job! Too bad the Maxillary flap is missing that always makes a fish look goofy with that smile like look.

Randy

O
OnTheDrop
Thanks guys. A beaut for sure. Pretty proud of this fish too. That was my 3rd outting out there and I knew I was due. I just can't wait til next time now...Maybe I can get one of those big a** bulls to commit. I swear I spotted about a dozen today that were in the 5-10lb range.

Y
Yohan
Awesome! Great looking fish. I wish we could have read that first post of yours. Looking forward to the post about your first BULL ride on that river!

S
steelhead_slayer
That is a dandy bow. Nice work! let me know when are going again. I need see some big fish after getting skunked targeting steel yesterday.

O
OnTheDrop
steelhead_slayer said:
That is a dandy bow. Nice work! let me know when are going again. I need see some big fish after getting skunked targeting steel yesterday.

Thanks dude. Thats prolly it for me on the M this week but I will probably be there next monday. Im headed up north in search of some big broodstocks and nates this weekend! Can't wait to be reunited with my rivers up there. When I get back i'll let you know.

Yeah I wish you guys could have read that post as well. There was quite a bit that went on in the few hours I was there today and I was including every detail in that post. haha. It's funny how much I enjoy writing when the topic has something to do with fishing..Then writing class comes along and it takes me 6 days to write a 5 page paper. . .

S
steelhead_slayer
Good luck this weekend. Something tells me I should held off on my trip and met up with you over there instead

O
OnTheDrop
steelhead_slayer said:
Good luck this weekend. Something tells me I should held off on my trip and met up with you over there instead

Thanks man, yeah that probably would have been a good idea..March is usually a hot month up there though so maybe we can do a trip up there in a few weeks and i'll return the favor and get you into some steel.

S
steelhead_slayer
sounds good to me

S
steelhead_slayer
nice fish!

J
jabs67
Great job. Nice bow!!!!

O
OnTheDrop
FlyBum said:
My buddy Shawn found this on the Met over the weekend :clap: Good luck guys! Hopefully I can get out sometime soon?? :pray:

Now thats what I'm after....