Surf fishing Newport Thursday 4/7

PK Yi
PK Yi
I got 4/7 off and will be surf fishing in newport on thursday. anyone want to meet up for some redtail action?

high tide will be around 1pm. as of now, the weather looks pretty good, and calm.

cheers.

PK.

G
Gulfstream
Where do you plan on fishing?

PK Yi
PK Yi
Gulfstream said:
Where do you plan on fishing?

will try the beach around dawn davis park, and move north.

rogerdodger
rogerdodger
sammy said:
will try the beach around dawn davis park, and move north.

Sammy-

what time do you plan to start? do you happen to know if the beach at Don Davis Park has razor clams? cheers, roger

PK Yi
PK Yi
rogerdodger said:
Sammy-

what time do you plan to start? do you happen to know if the beach at Don Davis Park has razor clams? cheers, roger

I will arrive around 10-ish. high tide is about 1 pm I think. not sure about razor clams, I've never target them before and not sure what to look for.

O. mykiss
O. mykiss
Just a heads up razor clam digging is still closed. I got this off of the Oregon Dept. of Ag website. Tests have been looking good so hopefully it will open up soon.

"The recreational harvest of razor clams is closed from Tillamook Head (south of Seaside) to the California border for elevated levels of domoic acid. This includes all beaches and all bays."

rogerdodger
rogerdodger
O. mykiss said:
Just a heads up razor clam digging is still closed. I got this off of the Oregon Dept. of Ag website. Tests have been looking good so hopefully it will open up soon.

"The recreational harvest of razor clams is closed from Tillamook Head (south of Seaside) to the California border for elevated levels of domoic acid. This includes all beaches and all bays."

wait for it, I have a feeling there is lots of fresh data coming real soon and, fingers crossed, a significant adjustment to where it is safe (and therefore open) to dig Razors...:thumb:

Last edited:
O. mykiss
O. mykiss
I hope so! I want some razors!

G
Gulfstream
Me Too!

rogerdodger
rogerdodger
bad news on the razor DA levels, 29 ppm here on the central coast and a surprisingly high 20 ppm up where digging is open (north of Tillamook Head) at Arcadia SP....not sure if they will make any changes for awhile now...bummer but domoic acid is bad stuff...

O. mykiss
O. mykiss
I know, I saw last night. Very disappointing, I was really hoping to get after some this week and I don't have time to head north. I guess I will head north on next months tides.