Strange video

W
waco
Was that a carp??!!

D
Drew9870
It was a Carp,

Topwater Carp fishing gets the blood running, as does all topwater fishing, except Carp will maybe nudge your offering a time or four before very slowly taking it under, doing this on 6lb P-Line, out of this world.

That is a strange way to fish them, although they can be curious to sample things on the surface especially when they are used to eating things off the surface, either naturally or from people feeding them.

Carp, if I am not mistaken, are the most popular gamefish in the world, obviously not so much in the U.S.

Look up Match Pole Fishing.

O
OnTheFly
Gee thanks skunk. Nice one. I fell for it. Ya got me. I just used up 5 minutes of my life watching a Carp flick.:rolleyes:

Reactions: RunWithSasquatch and waco
R
RunWithSasquatch
OnTheFly said:
Gee thanks skunk. Nice one. I fell for it. Ya got me. I just used up 5 minutes of my life watching a Carp flick.:rolleyes:

Was a bit of a kidney punch!!!

Glad to see he is part of the safety comity though, with the hardhat and PFD...

O
OnTheFly
RunWithSasquatch said:
Was a bit of a kidney punch!!!
He knew I was being sarcastic.:cool:

R
RunWithSasquatch
OnTheFly said:
He knew I was being sarcastic.:cool:

Im not sure what anyone knows.... But my comment was a play along with your comment, that I also got suckered into watching a carp video.:cool:

S
sherman
I get excited when I get anything on the end of my line. Whats wrong with a little fun reeling in a carp? After all at least it's catching & not just fishing. They make good fertilizer for your tomatoes. LOL

O
OnTheFly
Yeah...it's been awhile since we've had a good carp thread. Let's start one and we'll call it.....Carp: One mans trash another mans treasure.;)

brandon4455
brandon4455
OnTheFly said:
Yeah...it's been awhile since we've had a good carp thread. Let's start one and we'll call it.....Carp: One mans trash another mans treasure.;)
you mean one mans trash is drews treasure? jk..

S
skunk
brandon4455 said:
you mean one mans trash is drews treasure? jk..

Exactly! Haha. I was saying the dude with the hard hat and the non stop moaning by the video person was strange. Not the carp catching.

Irishrover
Irishrover
I loved that vid.....I watched it a couple of times......maybe it was the Jameson......but I really cracked up. I've been to Japan a few times and it's the helmet that got me going. After WW2 they must have bought every surplus army helmet that we had. All the dock workers wear them and the construction crews wear them too. The guy looked like he was having the time of his life, god bless him for that. Those folks over there just don't have the fishing opportunities that we do here for fishing. Too many people cramed into a small a land area and lots of pollution. I was suprised he let that sucker go! Maybe it was a tsunami survivor and he felt sorry for it.;)

Last edited:
O
OnTheFly
Irishrover said:
I loved that vid.....I watched it a couple of times......maybe it was the Jameson......but I really cracked up. I've been to Japan a few times and it's the helmet that got me going. After WW2 they must have bought every surplus army helmet that we had. All the dock workers wear them and the construction crews wear them too. The guy looked like he was having the time of his life, god bless him for that. Those folks over there just don't have the fishing opportunities that we do here for fishing. Too many people cramed into a small a land area and lots of pollution. I was suprised he let that sucker go! Maybe it was a tsunami survivor and he felt sorry for it.;)
LOL! Yeah but what the hell is Curry Dish?

S
skunk
OnTheFly said:
LOL! Yeah but what the hell is Curry Dish?

Isn't that what the one guy was mumbling over and over? Maybe he was hoping for dinner?

O
OnTheFly
skunk said:
Isn't that what the one guy was mumbling over and over? Maybe he was hoping for dinner?
Haha... A Curry dish! That's why he let the carp go clearly indicating what he would rather have for dinner....