Steelhead 2022 show OFF

Status
Not open for further replies.
jamisonace
jamisonace
I feel like a guide except I pay for all the trips. LOL

Season is pretty much over but you're welcome to join me sometime. Where are you located?

Reactions: scched, O. mykiss and NKlamerus
jamisonace
jamisonace
So last night a guy down the road invited me to launch off his private property. He's not a fisherman but he happens to live very close to one of the hottest holes on the river. I took him and another old timer and they missed two solid bites. Like they literally didn't move as I'm screaming at them to reel. I didn't know it at the time but that's after my guide friend landed 4 out of that hole earlier that day. It's that good of a hole. So I went back tonight thinking I might get a few by myself but only ended up with one. Smallish but hard fighter and lots of jumps.

20220403_162352.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: O. mykiss, Diehard and Admin
O. mykiss
O. mykiss
Went out today for a last winter trip of the season. Had a great day going 3/5 before 9 am. Kept two colored up bucks knowing tagging fish this time of year is a gamble. One cut good, one left a lot to be desired. Maybe I’ll have another “last trip of the season.”

14B28773-6590-4331-856F-17CEE7DD258B.jpeg

Reactions: Diehard, scched, C_Run and 3 others
jamisonace
jamisonace
Hard to quit after a day like that.

Reactions: O. mykiss
jamisonace
jamisonace
It was by-catch and the saddest looking steelhead I've probably ever caught but what the heck, I'll post it up here. The rod gave a quick little twitch that I thought looked like a fish but then just stopped moving like a snag. As I reeled it in I thought for sure I was just snagged on a branch because it literally gave me no fight.

20220420_110448.jpg

Reactions: scched and Admin
O. mykiss
O. mykiss
He’s a tired warrior, but a warrior none the less.

Reactions: jamisonace
S
SteelheadGuy
Nice little winter slab caught back in February. I was fishing a sweet pink cherry BnR soft bead. That was literally fist cast into the hole and I landed that beauty out on the Wilson.

FE44BA3D-9A90-4DD7-AF17-3B2A6921ABCA.jpeg

Reactions: jamisonace, O. mykiss and Admin
jamisonace
jamisonace
Nice work. That's a beautiful fish.

Reactions: SteelheadGuy
DOKF
DOKF
Nice doggie!

Diehard
Diehard
Boy you have been putting in work another nice fish 👍

sambone
sambone
welp , i hooked onto a really nice summer today in eugene on a spoon and it bent my hook out. Jumped a couple times got a nice look at it. Good sign for this summer, in the future i will always change my hooks out to siwashes now lol. Guess it was fun to shake hands with one this early in season

Last edited:
Reactions: O. mykiss
sambone
sambone
Summer steelhead fishing has been pretty solid so far this season. Ive hooked onto 7 fish in the last month. This is the one i caught last night. 6.5 lbs 27 inches

summer steelie.jpg

Reactions: scched, DOKF, O. mykiss and 2 others
Diehard
Diehard
Cool you finally got to take one home man those fish can fight! 👍

Diehard
Diehard
Caught a nice little summer it had a hole punched in its gill plate put up one heck of a fight jumped a minimum of 20 times epic battle and tasted great on the pellet grill.

20220708_190142.jpg

Reactions: O. mykiss, jamisonace and Admin
jamisonace
jamisonace
Diehard said:
Caught a nice little summer it had a hole punched in its gill plate put up one heck of a fight jumped a minimum of 20 times epic battle and tasted great on the pellet grill.
Summers fight so hard. Way better than winters. Nice catch.

Reactions: Diehard
Diehard
Diehard
Nice summer chrome! Caught this fish on a size #4 pink blue fox spinner put up a great fight great day on the river.

20220722_135058.jpg

Reactions: jamisonace and Admin
Trout Slayer_7
Trout Slayer_7
Caught this hatchery today on the Wilson swinging a tube fly
4CC144BC-14A7-4ABA-B500-FFDADE77BF9D.jpeg

Reactions: geofishics, Admin, Diehard and 2 others
hobster
hobster
Last year was my worst winter steelhead season ever. Got out for the second time this winter yesterday and landed a beautiful wild buck before the rivers blew out. Fish was released of course and swam OFF strong, this season is shaping up to be better already😀
F3DCC412-A28E-4664-AD67-87ADF4001BE6.jpeg

Reactions: O. mykiss, C_Run, NookieNailer and 3 others
C_Run
C_Run
Nice one! I have to get my '23 evasive species permit, I mean, "tag" and get started once the water drops.

Reactions: hobster, jamisonace and O. mykiss
jamisonace
jamisonace
C_Run said:
Nice one! I have to get my '23 evasive species permit, I mean, "tag" and get started once the water drops.
Hilarious! I love it. So far they've evaded me this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.