Steelhead 2022 show OFF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Diehard

Most Featured
Went fishing today landed one wild chromer and lost another at the bank fished jigs tipped with coon shrimp and bobberdogging double bead setups both fish were hooked on beads also found a nice stash of bobbers, corkies and plugs in a log jam.

Attachments

• 20220111_141043.jpg
    20220111_141043.jpg
    299 KB · Views: 347
  • 20220111_084747.jpg
    20220111_084747.jpg
    105.5 KB · Views: 340
I’ve had a tough go. Went out twice in December and once so the far this year but haven’t hooked any fish. That’s quite a score of bobbers there @Diehard! And a couple of plugs to boot

Me too brother. I lost the biggest steelhead ever hooked in my boat on the 1st then went bank fishing on some small coastal streams a couple times. Lost one this morning and that's it. No love for me yet.

Sorry to here that hobster I'm at about 8 trips for two wild fish landed. made three runs down to the coast. got two wild coho for my efforts. shoulda stayed close to home

Me too brother. I lost the biggest steelhead ever hooked in my boat on the 1st then went bank fishing on some small coastal streams a couple times. Lost one this morning and that's it. No love for me yet.
Hey man at least you’re hooking into some! I was injured and unable to fish a lot of last year, I haven’t felt a steelhead since last March. Need that tug!

Sorry to here that hobster I'm at about 8 trips for two wild fish landed. made three runs down to the coast. got two wild coho for my efforts. shoulda stayed close to home
Yeah it can be really tough steelheading these days. I used to be a really good steelhead fisherman😜 it can be a very humbling experience

Hey man at least you’re hooking into some! I was injured and unable to fish a lot of last year, I haven’t felt a steelhead since last March. Need that tug!
You know you're welcome in my boat any time. Apparently this week was pretty good in Roseburg but I never made it out.

I really appreciate the offer, we never made it out last time we tried to hook up. From what I hear the Umpqua is fishing pretty well, as usual. My local river just hasn’t been the same the last few years. I’d love to go out with you, I’ve never fished the Qua for salmon or steelhead, just smallmouth. I’ll hit you up with a PM 😉

Well, I’ll probably make someone mad but I don’t really care. Here’s my first winter of the season. Also caught and released a beautiful little hatchery summer steelhead. Tight lines
Was the summer chromed back up or still in its spawning colors?

I went 0/1 today with a few other suspect bobber downs. 8-10lb native hen spit the hook mid backflip. I thought my drag was messed up so I tried to adjust it and the fish found some slack. Rookie mistake.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom