Springer

P
plumb2fish
March 2012 Springer.jpg
Crappy picture, but we did manage to scratch one up today...

This girls belly was packed full of squid.....she ate well with-in 72 hrs of her last meal....my herring!!!!!

M
MissJossy
Nice!! I'm going out for springers tomorrow...hoping for at LEAST a little action.

S
Santiam338
I was hoping you would scratch out a couple more...Thats a dandy for sure....

R
RunWithSasquatch
Picture is good enough:clap:

J
JeannaJigs
Noice! I tried to comment on Facebook when I saw it yesterday but both my phone and the book of face hate me and it kept crashin'. Tentatively...Andy and I are making the great migration on the first, will be my only springer trip so hoping for a good day lol.

W
waco
Nice one for sure!! They are here!
MissJossy said:
Nice!! I'm going out for springers tomorrow...hoping for at LEAST a little action.

Good luck out there! I hope you get at LEAST a little action! Hey bring back a report!

J
jabs67
Very nice!!! Great job.

madasahab
madasahab
Dang I got that bug!!! I am starting to itch for some springers!!! Nice Job!!!

P
plumb2fish
Fish checker had 7 fish for 270 rods when we pulled out.....we fished 3 different brines. We landed a Really Nice nate as well...both fish came on the same recipe I used last season for fall fish....only difference was dye color....blue in the fall, chartreusse in the spring.....Try experimenting with things laying in your wifes baking cupboard...You may just be pleasantly surprised...I have been...

C
Cowboykid8
That's a beauty! I wish the fish to rods was better ;) That has got to be really neat to get one with a belly full of squid too

J
JeannaJigs
plumb2fish said:
Fish checker had 7 fish for 270 rods when we pulled out.....we fished 3 different brines. We landed a Really Nice nate as well...both fish came on the same recipe I used last season for fall fish....only difference was dye color....blue in the fall, chartreusse in the spring.....Try experimenting with things laying in your wifes baking cupboard...You may just be pleasantly surprised...I have been...

That recipe was good to me this last fall, the chartreuse worked better than the blue for me though on both the umpqua and siuslaw. I think the water clarity and sunlight were a big factor though in what appeared more appealing to the fish

P
plumb2fish
I like to freak out the guys I fish with by bringing a banana, I pulled it out on Sunday on our third pass...peeled it and had just finished eating it when my rod hit the water....so much for superstition

J
JeannaJigs
Lol Andy does that all the time too, there's always been a banana consumed on a good trip. Me I can't stand bananas so I just don't eat them but it's not because I'm paranoid it's going to turn the bite off

P
plumb2fish
I think one of these days I'm gonna try banana extract in my bait....I actually had an old salt tell me it works rather well....as long as it doesn't smell human, I think they will at the very least taste it....

G
GDBrown
Can't you just rig the peel onto the hooks? :lol:

D
DB Crouper
We're hitting the Umpqua on Monday. Water level predicted to be 8.5. Any suggestions where the springers might be? I'd wait a week, but I'm out of town the following week, until the 23rd of April.