OK,
what the hell,
where is this at!?!

T
TTFishon
OK,
what the hell,
where is this at!?!

I've only been there once but I remember it was near a water treatment plant in Albany. I will get directions today and let you know.

J
juggernaut506
Go down Front Street in Albany past Front Street Inn and you can't miss it.

B
bassin16
Just looked at google maps. My bad, I thought that there was a third lake. Looks like i'm gonna try to get to the second. Has anybody made it to the second?? Is there even a way to make it from the first to the second lake??

yes there is a channel that connects them it has some good fishing too

R
ryan808
The weather on Saturday is going to be clear, anyone planning to go?

B
bassin16
i would be going but im heading to reno for the weekend

B
bassin16
taking out the pontoon tomorrow. going to get my first one of the year

R
ryan808
Where you heading out to, I am planning to take the toon out too, but can't decide where to go. It should be good day to fish tomorrow.

F
Finneus Polebender
Where you heading out to, I am planning to take the toon out too, but can't decide where to go. It should be good day to fish tomorrow.

Good luck should have another stellar day weather wise! We are doin the double dip today floatin/fishin the river to float/fish some bass ponds , to float /fish our way home ,First time on the river this year

Last edited:
F
Finneus Polebender
Well any reports from Simpson , TT says we need to fish it. Only had one bass hook up on the river trip yesterday bout a 3 lber lost it right at the bank nice fish considering the pond was the size of my back yard . Caught more trout and can't lie smolt than ive ever caught in my life .All but a couple were released unharmed though, we literally caught fish the entire drift. posted a couple pics in the trout section

B
bassin16
the top water bite was on today at simpson i only caught one but i lost over 15 fish i dont know what the deal was i guess i need new hooks

GraphiteZen
You need some trailer hooks. Were you using poppers or buzzbaits by chance?

H
hick
Was out at Simpson yesterday and did well in the evening... six good lookin buckets in about two hours!

Does anyone know where would sell "wacky" hooks? Gomakatsu makes em

B
bassin16
i was using the spro frog and i super spook jr and i got some on kreature bait but they just kept getting into the weeds and then getting off

B
bassin16
Was out at Simpson yesterday and did well in the evening... six good lookin buckets in about two hours!

Does anyone know where would sell "wacky" hooks? Gomakatsu makes em

what were you using

C
Combat Chuck
Ive got some of those wacky hooks, had to order them from cabelas. I have seem some Eagle Claws in Bi-mart that were similar and could be used.

GraphiteZen
I need google mapping! There are too many ponds in Albany: Thornton Lake, Second Lake, First Lake, Waverly Lake, Thorton Lake, Third Lake, FOURTH Lake, Timber Linn Lake... Jeebus Lake...

H
hick
Lets see.......

Bassin- I got the first two on a wacky rigged watermelon/red sparkle big senko, then snagged and lost the hook. Got one of a slow crawled jitterbug in baby bass, and the last three were on a weightless Texas rig brush hog. One on watermelon red flake and the other two on June bug. Found you gotta let her sink to a three count and then get a quick retrieve to keep it outta the slime. They seem to be bedding in pockets of the foot tall layer of slime and then coming out after the worm as it passes over. one broke out like it was hitting a popper!

Chuck- I've tried the one from eagle claw but they don't seem to give me the same action as the modified Siwash does. Where else around here sells bass gear besides the marts(bi & wal)?

Graphite- Thornton is private and haven't tried waverly or timber-linn yet. First and second are mostly the same (connected by a hundred foot long channel) and haven't made it up to the third one in the simpson chain yet but gonna try tommorrow after work. And the wonderful Freeway Lakes...........EWWWWW! I keep findin new water to play on the more i look!

C
Combat Chuck
hmmm... maybe try M2 outdoors sports in Lebanon. They have a pretty small fishing section but claim to specialize in bass gear. To me it just looked like 5 different brands of senko's... they have a website and facebook page, you might ask them and save the drive. The only other hope is in salem at Wholesale outfitters or Dicks.

H
hick
I'm gonna have to check it out next time I'm over there! Thanks bud!