Simpson ponds, Albany

i took my pontoon out to simpson ponds today for a few hours and i just didn't know how to fish it i tryed fishing zoom shaky tail worm and every cast i just got a bunch of algea so i tryed fishing swim baits and i got didn't get as much but still too much to be able to fish it a good pace so i tryed rattel traps and got the same results as the swim baits so i just decided to try some top waters so i put on a super spook jr and didn't get any moss but i just never got any strikes it was a very nice day out on the water but did i try the right things or what would you all have tryed?

Which pond is it? Is it the one across from the railroad tracks, or did you go into 1st lake? Ive always wanted to try that place.

i was in first lake i know there are some really really big bass in these ponds i have caught bass out of here but its more in the later sprng

Is it really shallow there, last time I fished there I hit the bank and could only see the water a few feet deep. I'll have to drive down next time and toon that place next time you go.

Id search for the holes that are free of the thick muck (there are some deeper spots you can reach from a toon) and use light weight texas rigged plastics or spinnerbait.

That place was great when the mill still owned it. I used to go down there and catch some huge bass before the security guard would show up and ask us to leave. Now there's a lot of bums and tweakers hanging out there.

I dont have the toon I used, but I was given a freebie. It is currently held together with duck tape but I might try it one day anyways! I will post if I do... that way someone will know where to find me :)

i dont think you can get to the 3rd pond it is just small creeks that run past the 2nd pond. im going back out there as soon as we get a day with out rain around here

Ya, I think people were just confusing this with freeway lakes.

Just looked at google maps. My bad, I thought that there was a third lake. Looks like i'm gonna try to get to the second. Has anybody made it to the second?? Is there even a way to make it from the first to the second lake??

Top Bottom