Simpson ponds, Albany

J
Jdangler xD
I would elaborate :D
the location of albany, there is a lot of water nearby. In the winter most of it stops ( ponds and stuff ) the rivers nearby closest is the willy, again cold in the winter and not much activity till it warms up. So lots of people fish for stocked trout.... Ya that isn't my cup of tea. Some good local bass fishing, once it warms up but bass isn't that satisfying. The salmon. The steelhead. Sturgeon. Anything worth while is a 60minute drive or more. The coast, portland.. Other places. an hour away is the Mckenzie, 15 minutes is the N santiam. Heard it can produce but it's pretty peticular and I'm unfamiliar with it. Mostly hear just not that good. There are fish in Albany, just not chrome trophy fish or fish that excercise your drag unless carp. And carp are winning like 20-0 skunk trips. Nailed this big guy today though! Don't worry everyone I letthe trophy fish go ;)
image.jpg

C
Combat Chuck
So... pretty fish... in the winter... near albany. NF Alsea! Less than a 60 min drive. The Santiams also hold trout, steelhead and salmon almost year round.

C
Combat Chuck
I know what you're saying though. The fishing isn't always glamorous. That being said, there are many more opportunities here, than were I grew up.

J
Jdangler xD
There are opportunities, I fished the deschutes growing up and lots of great trout streams then moved closer to the equator and got some great salt action. Now albany seems just unsatisfying. I do look forward to learning more about local waters tho. Peticularly more interested in the rivers. I have fished nearly all the ponds and have found my spots haha. But the rivers I'm still learning. Long Tom. Alsea. Santiams. Those are a drive, being a student that's an obstacle and I get sleepy on long drives so I don't like to go alone unless it's local. Inside 15 minutes. Anyone trying to plan a trip?