Salmon River

M

masmith

Heading to Salmon River first thing tomorrow AM.

Any suggestions? Only place I know is the bridge.

I am good with spinners but will have eggs and corkie yarn as backup.

Any thoughts on where, what strategy would be helpful.

Also- should I just stay in one spot, or should I constantly be moving?

Thanks.

S

solution7

Salmon river

Salmon river

101 bridge was shoulder to shoulder and your mom didn't even catch anything

A

autofisher

I was down at Powerline hole the other day and didn't see any fish. The one guy that was there said he had a hit, but I didn't see anything other than that. Went down to the 101 and had a hit on a TCO pink inferno mini. There weren't many people there at the time, lots of fish jumping, one State Trooper giving a warning(watch out where you park), a couple of seals and that's about it. Didn't bank or see anything banked. But after this last rain it could be better.

M

masmith

Went to the bridge for a while. No one caught anything. Went up river and fished up to the bend. One man caught what looked to be a 15-20 lbs nate coho and realeased. Besides that no hits or anything landed.

Heard rumors that a few were landed at the blackberry hole, where is that??

So long story short, way too many people- some jumping, but the bite isn't even close to being on.

And we used spinners, bobber and eggs, jigs and corkie and yarn.

I still have yet to catch my first river salmon, I think I am going to take a few weeks off.

L

les_robot

We fished 101 on Thursday afternoon, till about 6:00... saw a few breaking the surface..and a seal...but, other than that, nothing going on... only a dozen or so fishing, so at least no shoulder-to-shoulder like the weekend.. Went up to Forest Service Hole, about 6:00.... Maybe 10 or so cars... People we saw said it was dead there also..

S

Shadelady

well the fish are in, they just arent hungry- go figure. been out there the past few days and seen only one banked- heard about a a few others, but only with my eyes saw one. corkies i what saw it on.

Kodiak, can i make some cookies or something to entice you to come out and help me?

K

Kodiak

Banned User
well the fish are in, they just arent hungry- go figure. been out there the past few days and seen only one banked- heard about a a few others, but only with my eyes saw one. corkies i what saw it on.

Kodiak, can i make some cookies or something to entice you to come out and help me?

Cookies? You think I can be had by cookies? Well you guessed right lady. I can make it either tues. or wed...just trying to figure out which day...I'll edit this post later and let you know which one i can make it over on.

S

Shadelady

i'll make it a point to be available both days- not working makes it easier. my better half is off weds. so what will it be? my best are chocolate chip, 2nd to oatmeal with cranberries. i make 'em with or without nuts. seriously it is not beneath me to bribe.

A

autofisher

makin my tummy rumble

makin my tummy rumble

Dang! If I knew fishin was the way to get people to bribe me, I'd have started payin attention a long time ago and gotten good. Sounds like a fair trade. A day on the water AND some home made cookies? Are you kidding me?

S

Shadelady

its all about learning and teaching and sharing- Seaseme Street all over again. i CAN do cookies, i want to be able to CATCH... so whoever, whatever help i can get- and i am a firm believer in repaying. so cookies are my thing. LOL!

Y

youngbuck307

LOL I love the idea on cookies for taking someone fishing... only time till I will get a offer like that... kodiac your a lucky lucky man!!!

K

Kodiak

Banned User
its all about learning and teaching and sharing- Seaseme Street all over again. i CAN do cookies, i want to be able to CATCH... so whoever, whatever help i can get- and i am a firm believer in repaying. so cookies are my thing. LOL!

I'm thinking tuesday...would you mind if a couple other people came along? Autofisher is my Jedi training class, and its on Fishtopher's bucket list. I'm sure raincatcher might be along as well.

S

Shadelady

more is merrier- just let me know when and where! and seriously- if you tell me what cookies you like i will really really make them. :D

R

rainman

cookies are completely unnesicary....But chocolate chip are my favorites!

I second this statement !!!! And a tall glass of cold milk is NOT optional! Dunking of aforementioned cookie in milk IS a requirement.

Tollhouse chocolate chip cookie recipe (recipe on Nestles choco chip morsel package):
* 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
* 1 teaspoon baking soda
* 1 teaspoon salt
* 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
* 3/4 cup granulated sugar
* 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
* 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
* 2 large eggs
* 2 cups (12-oz. pkg.) NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels
* 1 cup chopped nuts

P

plucas

I will most likely be fishing at the Salmon tomorrow in the early am. Was thinking the Nestucca but I am bank fishing and would like to be in tidewater and from what I have been told there is not much access. Need to figure out the tide situations I guess. Is it best to fish during slack tide? I was also thinking of fishing Cape Meares Lake when I arrive tonight, around dusk. Have any of you guys had any luck fishing their?

K

Kodiak

Banned User
I will most likely be fishing at the Salmon tomorrow in the early am. Was thinking the Nestucca but I am bank fishing and would like to be in tidewater and from what I have been told there is not much access. Need to figure out the tide situations I guess. Is it best to fish during slack tide? I was also thinking of fishing Cape Meares Lake when I arrive tonight, around dusk. Have any of you guys had any luck fishing their?

I fish the first three hours of daylight, don't matter what the tide is doing, then I go a huntin' for em. If I know an area has a bunch of fish in it, or they will be moving through it, I go back at high tide switch...and I mean as soon as it starts to change from low slack , and pummel it. It becomes 6 hrs of fish killin...well hopefully. Fishing the falling tide can be tough but it can be done. the trick to fishing low slack is to find the pockets of undisturbed fish and pull the "Annoying house fly" tactic. Cast, and cast and cast and cast and cast and cast until whatever you are throwing gets crushed like a beer can at a biker bar.

P

plucas

Awesome, thanks for the quick response Kodiak. I am heading over in just a few minutes. That was great information, much appreciated. "Crushed like a beer can at a biker bar", nice touch. I may have to add that to my vocabulary:) Thanks again, I'll post info about the trip when I get back.

Cheers, get the beers in.
Paul

K

Kodiak

Banned User
Awesome, thanks for the quick response Kodiak. I am heading over in just a few minutes. That was great information, much appreciated. "Crushed like a beer can at a biker bar", nice touch. I may have to add that to my vocabulary:) Thanks again, I'll post info about the trip when I get back.

Cheers, get the beers in.
Paul

Wait for the PM

P

plucas

Thanks a mill Kodiak. Not sure if you got PM back, as I have not submitted one before. I'll have to buy you some beers sometime in the near future:)

Top Bottom