Salmon 2022 Show OFF

DOKF
That is a big slab of chinook!

Reactions: jamisonace
Diehard
First pass I hooked this 26 pound fish...
Gonna have to nickname you hog slayer. Nice fish. Got this one fishing the Columbia on Saturday. Lost a nice hatchery fish at the net. Man the water is high.

Reactions: jamisonace and Admin
jamisonace
Nice job getting on the board! Water has been high up here too. I'm ready for this rain to stop so I can mow my jungle.

jamisonace
@Diehard took my spot as the featured photo so I had to get it back. Went out alone and back bounced into this 23lb buck. What a fight! I have a nice blister on my thumb to prove it. I hooked it right next to heavy current and after about 20 seconds of thinking I was hung up this thing bolted for heavy water but before I could tighten the drag, I thumbed it until my flesh burned.

My 3 biggest ever springers have come in the last few weeks. 23, 24 and 26 pounds.

• 20220517_205903.jpg
    765.7 KB · Views: 144
  • 20220517_193929.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 151
Reactions: troutmasta, Diehard, Admin and 1 other person
Diehard
Wow you've got it good there nice fish! I sat on the hook yesterday 4hrs soaking plugs not even a nudge it will probably be another week till I try knocking you guys off the podium tying up some twitching jigs to try out in the mean time

jamisonace
I've got a few spots down here I need to try twitching in. I've only caught fall fish on them but figure it should work with springers too. I hope you take the top spot again soon.

Reactions: Snopro and Diehard
O. mykiss
@Diehard took my spot as the featured photo so I had to get it back. Went out alone and back bounced into this 23lb buck...
You’re killing me! My local rivers have not really fired off yet. I miss living an hour away from that river. As always, nice fish!

T
troutmasta
@Diehard took my spot as the featured photo so I had to get it back. Went out alone and back bounced into this 23lb buck..
My man. Saw that slug on FB and had to come say congrats.

Last edited:
jamisonace
My man. Saw that slug on FB and had to come saw congrats.
Thanks buddy. I'm sure you're killing it as usual.

You’re killing me! My local rivers have not really fired off yet. I miss living an hour away from that river. As always, nice fish!
It'll happen soon. I'm still looking forward to hitting the old stomping grounds on the Mckenzie.

T
troutmasta
Thanks buddy. I'm sure you're killing it as usual.
Just getting ready for the summer salt. Upgraded the drifter to an off shore. Get ready to do some tuna fishing

Reactions: scched, Bo Peep, Diehard and 3 others
O. mykiss
I'm still looking forward to hitting the old stomping grounds on the Mckenzie.
That’s the river I grew up on too. As a kid we could ride our bikes to the river and catch big cutthroat all summer

jamisonace
Just getting ready for the summer salt. Upgraded the drifter to an off shore. Get ready to do some tuna fishing
Keep my number on speed dial!

Reactions: troutmasta
hobster
Yo Jeff, hit a brother up if you need a mate! Hope you are well buddy, sorry bout them Boys maybe this year

Reactions: troutmasta
fish4food
i no that guide and you are right joe mello is the best only one i book with

jamisonace
i no that guide and you are right joe mello is the best only one i book with
Not Mello. I'm friendly with every guide on the Umpqua and every guide has been friendly back except Mello and one other that I won't mention. And Mello is far from the best. I can name a dozen guides I would book before him.....probably three dozen.

jamisonace
My name is Jamisonace and I'm a spring salmonaholic. It's getting bad guys. My wife has been patient so far but the grass in my yard is 3 feet tall. I keep saying I'll get the weedeater out but I end up at the river instead. The only reason I quit early tonight is because I lost an oar. I didn't realize it until I had landed a fish though so at least there's that. Fishing alone isn't the same as drinking alone right? I actually have made attempts each night to get someone in my boat.

I made fish deliveries today and will be making more tomorrow. I love cooking it and having plenty in my freezer but I really enjoy giving it away to families I know as well.

The little pile of scraps gets boiled for the flea bag. He deserves it for keeping me company in the boat.

Last edited:
Reactions: Diehard and Admin
Chromatose