Salmon 2022 Show OFF

jamisonace
jamisonace
I got one very nice coho in Roseburg this year but that was it. The rest were small or jacks. Definitely a slow year. The late season coastal fall chinook fishery finally started and we landed 6 of 9 in two days but released three darkies and the fish we kept only cut decent. Not exactly the fall fishery I've come to look forward to every year. No pics of the Elk/Sixes fish.

• coho.jpg
Reactions: Diehard and scched
Diehard
Diehard
Man what a dime jamisonace we got a few more this morning all caught on spin fish and 360 flasher

Reactions: jamisonace
Diehard
Diehard
Got a few more coho last weekend think I'm done now freezer is looking good this year

Reactions: scched and jamisonace
jamisonace
jamisonace
@Diehard, I can't let you have the final post. LOL

It's my tradition to fish Thanksgiving morning for late Chinook and I can't think of 1 Thanksgiving that I was skunked. I figured today would be the first. New river, low clear conditions, super cold morning.....the deck was stacked against me. I fished every spot that looked fishy but it just seemed like they weren't around. I had to hurry a little because I had kitchen work to do for our meal so I was moving pretty quick. I had about an hour left and 20 minutes to the takeout when I saw a really fishy looking hole. I anchored above it and dropped a kwikfish into it at 27', then 31, and every prime number (fish only bite plugs if line is out to a prime number) up to 57. Nothing. Pulled in and bounced eggs down into the hole and tap, nibble niible nibble...dang trout...lift and it's heavy...fish on. My Thanksgiving streak continues. Nice chrome 12lb buck.

If you know anything about me, you know I suck at taking pics.

• Wow
Reactions: Snopro, Diehard and scched
Diehard
Diehard
You the man I got nothing cooked a fat turkey on the pellet grill and laid around like a beached walrus all day dam nice fish you got there 🤘

Reactions: scched and jamisonace
S
SteelheadGuy
4C7CF37C-A0E7-4231-8E35-4ABE44140655.jpeg

28lbs back in September

• Wow
Reactions: scched, O. mykiss, Diehard and 2 others
Diehard
Diehard
Very nice king those big ones sure are impressive 👍