jamisonace said:
I hooked this 26 pound fish...
Congrats on a tank springer!

Reactions: jamisonace
DOKF
DOKF
O. mykiss said:
Congrats on a tank springer!
More like a torpedo. Or javelin missile ...

Diehard
Diehard
jamisonace said:
First pass I hooked this 26 pound fish...
Gonna have to nickname you hog slayer. Nice fish. Got this one fishing the Columbia on Saturday. Lost a nice hatchery fish at the net. Man the water is high.

Screenshot_20220514-160310_Messages.jpg

Reactions: jamisonace and Admin
jamisonace
jamisonace
Nice job getting on the board! Water has been high up here too. I'm ready for this rain to stop so I can mow my jungle.

jamisonace
jamisonace
@Diehard took my spot as the featured photo so I had to get it back. Went out alone and back bounced into this 23lb buck. What a fight! I have a nice blister on my thumb to prove it. I hooked it right next to heavy current and after about 20 seconds of thinking I was hung up this thing bolted for heavy water but before I could tighten the drag, I thumbed it until my flesh burned.

20220517_194212.jpg

My 3 biggest ever springers have come in the last few weeks. 23, 24 and 26 pounds.

Reactions: troutmasta, Diehard, Admin and 1 other person
Diehard
Diehard
Wow you've got it good there nice fish! I sat on the hook yesterday 4hrs soaking plugs not even a nudge it will probably be another week till I try knocking you guys off the podium tying up some twitching jigs to try out in the mean time

jamisonace
jamisonace
I've got a few spots down here I need to try twitching in. I've only caught fall fish on them but figure it should work with springers too. I hope you take the top spot again soon.

Reactions: Snopro and Diehard
O. mykiss
O. mykiss
jamisonace said:
@Diehard took my spot as the featured photo so I had to get it back. Went out alone and back bounced into this 23lb buck...
You’re killing me! My local rivers have not really fired off yet. I miss living an hour away from that river. As always, nice fish!

T
troutmasta
jamisonace said:
@Diehard took my spot as the featured photo so I had to get it back. Went out alone and back bounced into this 23lb buck..
My man. Saw that slug on FB and had to come say congrats. 🤙

Last edited:
jamisonace
jamisonace
troutmasta said:
My man. Saw that slug on FB and had to come saw congrats. 🤙
Thanks buddy. I'm sure you're killing it as usual.

O. mykiss said:
You’re killing me! My local rivers have not really fired off yet. I miss living an hour away from that river. As always, nice fish!
It'll happen soon. I'm still looking forward to hitting the old stomping grounds on the Mckenzie.

T
troutmasta
jamisonace said:
Thanks buddy. I'm sure you're killing it as usual.
Just getting ready for the summer salt. Upgraded the drifter to an off shore. Get ready to do some tuna fishing 🤙

inbound36423248481732997.jpg

Reactions: scched, Bo Peep, Diehard and 3 others
O. mykiss
O. mykiss
jamisonace said:
I'm still looking forward to hitting the old stomping grounds on the Mckenzie.
That’s the river I grew up on too. As a kid we could ride our bikes to the river and catch big cutthroat all summer

jamisonace
jamisonace
troutmasta said:
Just getting ready for the summer salt. Upgraded the drifter to an off shore. Get ready to do some tuna fishing 🤙
Keep my number on speed dial!

Reactions: troutmasta
hobster
hobster
troutmasta said:
Yo Jeff, hit a brother up if you need a mate! Hope you are well buddy, sorry bout them Boys😜 maybe this year

Reactions: troutmasta
fish4food
fish4food
i no that guide and you are right joe mello is the best only one i book with

jamisonace
jamisonace
fish4food said:
i no that guide and you are right joe mello is the best only one i book with
Not Mello. I'm friendly with every guide on the Umpqua and every guide has been friendly back except Mello and one other that I won't mention. And Mello is far from the best. I can name a dozen guides I would book before him.....probably three dozen.

jamisonace
jamisonace
My name is Jamisonace and I'm a spring salmonaholic. It's getting bad guys. My wife has been patient so far but the grass in my yard is 3 feet tall. I keep saying I'll get the weedeater out but I end up at the river instead. The only reason I quit early tonight is because I lost an oar. I didn't realize it until I had landed a fish though so at least there's that. Fishing alone isn't the same as drinking alone right? I actually have made attempts each night to get someone in my boat.

I made fish deliveries today and will be making more tomorrow. I love cooking it and having plenty in my freezer but I really enjoy giving it away to families I know as well.

The little pile of scraps gets boiled for the flea bag. He deserves it for keeping me company in the boat.

20220518_193745.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Diehard and Admin
Chromatose
Chromatose
jamisonace said:
The little pile of scraps gets boiled for the flea bag. He deserves it for keeping me company in the boat
(y)

Bo Peep
Bo Peep
jamisonace said:
Went out alone and back bounced into this 23lb buck.
Hey I know that spot great fish.