Salish Pond Trout Fishing

T
Troutier Bassier
Kastmaters work nice. So do Vibrax spinners and what i have caught a ton on are those small rapalas in borwn trout color. those work reall nice. cast... Acceptable and catch TONs of trout at salish.

S
Snager
How many hooks can u use for trout in oregon lakes and ponds.

T
Troutier Bassier
3. treble hooks count as one. Why???????

A
Anyfishisfine
Troutier Bassier said:
3. treble hooks count as one. Why???????

For the same reason plastic counts as bait :think:

T
Troutier Bassier
No??? I dont know.

D
DDR
Troutier Bassier said:
Kastmaters work nice. So do Vibrax spinners and what i have caught a ton on are those small rapalas in borwn trout color. those work reall nice. cast... Acceptable and catch TONs of trout at salish.

I have never used a Kastmaster but I've heard they are great for trout. I do enjoy using Vibrax spinners from time to time. One of my favorite lures as of last year has been the Northland Tackle Buck-Shot Rattle Spoon. I just need to try it in Salish now.

Which Rapala's are you talking about? The original? Sinking? Floating?

T
Troutier Bassier
DDR said:
I have never used a Kastmaster but I've heard they are great for trout. I do enjoy using Vibrax spinners from time to time. One of my favorite lures as of last year has been the Northland Tackle Buck-Shot Rattle Spoon. I just need to try it in Salish now.

Which Rapala's are you talking about? The original? Sinking? Floating?
Original. the brown trout colored ones with 2 trebles.

Ever herard of a microspin???

I use those for trout at salish mostly. They dont look very good but they are fun to use.

especially for a 12 year old

M
mgdguy
Salish report 5/3/09

Salish report 5/3/09

I hit the pond this afternoon, throwing in a Kastmaster (gold) and rooster tail. Not even a hit. Looked like no one else there was having any luck either.

T
Troutier Bassier
OMG did you see 2 kids catching scaulpin today when you were there. I was wearing a blue jacket???? You saw me dident you???? Me and my friend caught 2 perch 3 sunfish and a bunch of sculpin

M
mgdguy
Troutier Bassier said:
OMG did you see 2 kids catching scaulpin today when you were there. I was wearing a blue jacket???? You saw me dident you???? Me and my friend caught 2 perch 3 sunfish and a bunch of sculpin

I didn't! :think: I was over by the fence on the north end from around 1:45 till 3 or so...

T
Troutier Bassier
Oh. I was there at the other side. Nobody caught anything. But it will get A lot better on may 11-13 because they are stocking it. I will be there on those days.

M
mgdguy
Troutier Bassier said:
Oh. I was there at the other side. Nobody caught anything. But it will get A lot better on may 11-13 because they are stocking it. I will be there on those days.

I'm going to try to bring my two boys down there after the stocking in confirmed :)

T
Troutier Bassier
Yeah, They are just jumping on the hook down there.

L
lariah
Never fished here but always hear about it being a good little spot. I'll probably head there once it gets stocked again since its so close. Where do you find out the stocking schedule for this pond? I don't see it on the Willamette zone on the odfw stocking report. THANKS

P
ptldrabbit
lariah said:
Never fished here but always hear about it being a good little spot. I'll probably head there once it gets stocked again since its so close. Where do you find out the stocking schedule for this pond? I don't see it on the Willamette zone on the odfw stocking report. THANKS

Willamette Region - North Willamette Watershed District

Stocking report listed as West Salish Pond

"5/11/09 West Salish Pond 1,500"

T
Troutier Bassier
hahahahha went there on saturday. Not a good idea. Apperently it was some kid fishng day with a bunch of boyscouts fishing there and there was absolutely no space at all there. and even if you found a spot kids would be casting over you and blah blah blah etc. so we decided to go to blue lake instead and caught 3 GIANT Bluegill 2 trout and 1 carp.

P
pdxdanfishin
i called the stocking report which is more updated then the online version. they are gonna stock 2500 legal and 125 trophy trout late friday, due to their being a youth fishing event there on saturday. so i will be getting up at the crack of dawn to head out there i think i can avoid the crowds if i get there at 5 am

T
Troutier Bassier
hahaha. You will see 2 kids running around with Kastmasters. one of them is me, The one with the blue coat and is taller is me. If you see me. HOLLA!

T
trollin4trout
DDR said:
I have never used a Kastmaster but I've heard they are great for trout. QUOTE]

I wouldn't go to Salish without a couple different colors of Kastmasters- they cast a mile, so you can cover a lot of water from one spot- and they are deadly on the brooders! Have patience- keep on casting!

Jim

T
Troutier Bassier
trollin4trout said:
DDR said:
I have never used a Kastmaster but I've heard they are great for trout. QUOTE]

I wouldn't go to Salish without a couple different colors of Kastmasters- they cast a mile, so you can cover a lot of water from one spot- and they are deadly on the brooders! Have patience- keep on casting!

Jim
HES RIGHt!!!

I limited out there, 2! on a small Kastmaster in silver. Vary nice. They cast to the middle of the lake and just reel as soon as it hits the water. Get a lot of topwater strikes on them.