Salish Pond Trout Fishing

P
pdxdanfishin
Troutier Bassier said:
hahaha. You will see 2 kids running around with Kastmasters. one of them is me, The one with the blue coat and is taller is me. If you see me. HOLLA!

i'll be the guy with a bike nearby and a smoke in my mouth. im gonna be there most of the day as my neice is gonna come later in the day also.

P
pdxdanfishin
so what all is in west and east salish pond? is there only trout in west and other types of fish in the east? im gonna head out there today and want to fish for some other fish but only have worms and bobbers and my cheapo fishin pole (5'5" pole from freddys)

T
Troutier Bassier
In the west pond. Te one they stock with trout, There is trout, bluegill, perch, catfish, scauplin, and bass. In the seconed east pond there is all of those except trout.

M
m_vang
nabbed this fella on my last few casts before leaving.

l_caf777d3273f46ee9b74028a3bbfe697.png

l_49f4243e2be84f0b95d14d28ce248e1c.png

T
Troutier Bassier
Oh My friends limited out there in 12 mins.

T
Troutier Bassier
im going there right now. My friends limited out this morning again and are realeasing them now.

F
Fishtopher
The were knockin' em dead at the little ODFW fishing party today.

Talk about combat fishin'! Picture Bonnie Lure with nothin' but 4-15yr olds. CHAOS!!!

Actually had to have a talk with a guy that didn't know that they can't have hooks in the body AND be keepers. Kinda weird. There was a slight language barrier to spicen it up too. He musta thought i was just mad because I didn't catch any fish....:lol::lol:

Tons and tons of fish being caught though. Probably wont last long as usual.

T
Troutier Bassier
Did you see the 12 Year old with a Red DC shirt and a blue Sweter over it. And was wearing a lamiglass hat???

That was me

XD

P
pdxdanfishin
i was there for most of the afternoon, i had but one spot to choose from so i took it. i didn't get nothing hooked but got plenty of bites. my neice came at 5 and got a fish on (with help from me and dad) within minutes being there. she ended up getting two fish, one an 8 and one a 9.5 incher, worm and bobber setup. i was doing powerbait with bobber. im going out tomorrow and hopefully i can catch a few more for a nice bbq it's a pretty cool pond but man is it crowded

F
Fishtopher
Troutier Bassier said:
Did you see the 12 Year old with a Red DC shirt and a blue Sweter over it. And was wearing a lamiglass hat???

That was me

XD

Maybe...I was in back, by the road. Between the fence and the dock. Couldnt miss me. I had three kids all trying to cast and retrieve at the same time, in a 5ft space of bank. I looked like a Christmas tree with all the rainbow power bait hanging off of me.

T
Troutcatcher
Went there before dark ,cought one f@$@@@g trout ,pond is pretty much empty due to the fact that there are so many people fishing. There was at least 100 people fishing, there was a asian fishing next to me crossing my line i hade to cut his line.

Last edited by a moderator:
T
Troutier Bassier
Yeah, they were getting annoying. Dident know how to cast. But anyways, Fishtopher I think I saw you too. I think i asked you what you were using and I was carrying around a bag full of crappie

P
pdxdanfishin
i and my nieces dad went there today for a couple hours. i got there and pretty much went dead, three days of fishin and the sun wore me out, he managed to catch a nice 14" and two 8" i had a few bites, but i wasn't very active in gettin em. there were quite a few fish left for the takin today most everyone around us had got atleast one.

T
Troutier Bassier
My friend and his dad limited out there today. The first 4 days after they stock it are the best days to go.

D
dud3r
Went there yesterday with some friends and caught our limits. All 4 of us. We went back this evening and did the same. Picture quality isn't very good, but here ya go. Biggest one was about 13-14 inches.

Bobber -> weight -> 2-3 ft leader -> choose your bait. You really can't miss. It has more fish in it then I've ever seen in my time there.

Last edited by a moderator:
M
m_vang
i got an 18" and lost a what looked to be at least 22"+ fish (looked much bigger in the water than the 18" i pulled out)

T
Troutier Bassier
18 inch isn't bad, My biggest was 28 and im 12. Hahahahah, Sorry for bragging, Anyways I heard that they stocked it yeasterday with more then they stocked it on the weekend.

D
dud3r
Troutier, you wouldn't happen to be the kid from last year with the "12 dollar pole" from Fishermans would you? I remember a kid running around with an ultra light rod and spinners giving away fish because he'd caught so many. Bragging the whole way ;)

M
m_vang
Troutier Bassier said:
18 inch isn't bad, My biggest was 28 and im 12. Hahahahah, Sorry for bragging, Anyways I heard that they stocked it yeasterday with more then they stocked it on the weekend.

if that 28 had a gold kastmaster in its mouth, i want my kastmaster back. lol.

T
Troutier Bassier
No, This happened a few months ago, I caught it on powereggs.