River boat

L
LuckyFisher
Is there such a thing as an inflatable boat to take fishing down a river as you would a drift boat? One that would be small enough to fit in a regular sized car but safe enough as to not kill yourself? Probably a dumb question, but I thought I'd ask anyway.

Casting Call
Casting Call
Hi L...F...! Look up inflatables by West Marine (made by Zodiac) to theire spec's. GL Tony

E
eugene1
How about pontoons like catarafts? Not sure the frames will fit easily in a car though.

I think a few people on here have them.

3224954500_e389b66a7b.jpg

Casting Call
Casting Call
Good call E1... I have a brake-down pontoon frame set inside my 11 foot zodiac. BTW rafts don't sink with 5 internal bladders. GL Tony

T
Throbbit _Shane
LuckyFisher said:
Is there such a thing as an inflatable boat to take fishing down a river as you would a drift boat? One that would be small enough to fit in a regular sized car but safe enough as to not kill yourself? Probably a dumb question, but I thought I'd ask anyway.

Iv used 8 and 10' pontoons on rivers and they both fit into a car when disassembled and deflated. I can't say they are safe enough as to not kill you though. Any boat can especially on a river. I personally flipped my 8fter on a rapid on the Umpqua River, luckily the water was warm and most of my stuff was strapped down. If you do get a boat that can handle rivers make sure you take it out on lakes first and get a good idea on how to row, especially how to back row.

L
LuckyFisher
That NRS boat looks pretty neat. Although if I'm going to spend 6k on a boat, I might was well buy the truck and just get a regular drift boat. I was hoping to spend in the hundreds not thousands. But, boy that boat does look like it would do the job perfectly.