Restless natives on the Wilson

T
TimberTodd
Hit the Wilson today and had a great time. Had no luck at my first stop so I headed down river a few miles. Threw bobber/jig with no takes so I broke out the baitcaster with a #4 silver Blue Fox. After reading on another post about coloring part of the blade with a black sharpie marker I decided to give it a try. A half dozen casts later FISH ON!!! It was a nice native hen who put up a great fight. Sorry for the poor pic. I wanted to get her on her way as quickly as possible. I hiked on down river about a mile and tried another area. Still no luck with the bobber/jig so I started tossing the spinner again. I cast upriver above a boulder and saw the fish rocket across about 6' and hammered my spinner. This one was a naitve buck who chose not to hang around for the photo op. Once the hook was out of his mouth he was gone. Today was the best day I have had since I started fishing the Wilson.

• 005.jpg
Reactions: billfisher
M
Metz84
Congrats! For some reason this season on the wilson i have landed 3 times as many native steelhead than hatchery...:shock:

C
cddunn
Congrats! What time did your bite turn on? I was mostly drifting corkie/yarn today, never got to the spinners. I did see 3 fresh steelhead in low water down low today though.

T
TimberTodd
Caught the 2 between 11:00 and 12:30. Both were caught between the 15 & 17 mile mark.

Reactions: Irishrover
R
rippin fish lips
TimberTodd said:
Caught the 2 between 11:00 and 12:30. Both were caught between the 15 & 17 mile mark.

Nice spinner fed fish. Love them fights spinner caught fish give.... That's why i can't pull my self away and try to get so many people into tossing spinners for steel...

madasahab
madasahab
Nice work! I am planning on pounding the Wilson from Wednesday until the end of the season. ..and the trask...nestucca. ..siletz. ..oh yeah, and I'll be bringing spinners. ..

A
alm21
TimberTodd said:
Today was the best day I have had since I started fishing the Wilson.

Congrats!

S
Scott M
Great write up! Congrats!

B
billfisher
Nice fish and report!

bass
bass
Wow, totally awesome day!!!

F
Fish-N-Chips
Great report and advice. Sounds like a fun adventure on one of my personal favorite rivers. good job on one of each(=