Reedsport 08-19-2010

T
Thuggin4Life
Thanks guys it felt good having a mini hog on the end of my line and to just be out doing my favorite type of fishing(salmon trolling) even though I started my boat project early instead of this winter due to motor issues now I am way behind schedule. Windburnt was even nice enough to let me lay on the floor of his boat for most of the day and take it easy with one eye on my rod, lol. And as far a jacks go that one is a big one. Just on the big side of a half inch biger and it would have had to been tagged not that i would have minded using one of my slots.

W
wormosa
thanks for the info bro.... what a beauty

T
troutmasta
Sounds Fun!

C
cobias
Nice !

Nice !

Nice bright fish ! I have heard the qua is picking up....I have to say im jealous. I wont be making it out trolling this year. No motor for the DB : ( Keep up the good fishing !

R
rippin fish lips
nice fish!! It was on FIRE wednesday (yesterday).

T
Thuggin4Life
Was it really on fire or is this opinioned based on the fact that the boat you were in caught a lot of fish? I mean did the mojority of the boats have limits filled? When you go with a guide they make it look easy thats why you pay them. Also did you guys fish the bay or the ocean?

J
Johnny Southpaw
Nice mini-hog Andy!

T
TTFishon
Nice fish Andy!!!

Q
qwapaw
Way to go Andy. Do you think we will be seeing you on the Siuslaw this year. Looks like we will be there Sept 29th - Oct 1st for our 3 day adventure we make every year. Hope to see you and maybe Jigs too. One thing about it, if the a fish around, you will find it. Tight Lines my friend, Dan

T
Thuggin4Life
Yeah dan You might see me out there my boat should be put back together by then. You guys gonna be up around mappleton or down lower? I ussually don't even make it up all the way to teirnan fishing from below cushman and up.

jamisonace
jamisonace
Thuggin4Life said:
Me, Bfishin, and Windburnt did a little tidewater trolling for most of the day today. Trolled between the bridge and the corner. Not a lot of early risers with no wait time at the ramp and only 2 trailers in the parking lot as we launched slightly before first legal. Forgot to check the tides so we had to watch to see what the otherboats were doing. as it got lighter more boats poured in and and by midmorning i would guess over 50 boats trolling that section with more down in the corner. Had a few takedowns between us and I ended up wit ha little jack. slightly over 23" and slightly over 7lbs. I guess its a good start to the first tidewater trip of the year. Troller plug cut herring brined in rock salt and tidewater as we fished with and without bling in various colors trolling with the tide.

Awesome. I bet that fish is going to taste good. Nice work.

M
Mike123
Nice fish man! Too big to be a jack for sure!

N
nwkiller
nice job man, awesome fish

R
rippin fish lips
Thuggin4Life said:
Was it really on fire or is this opinioned based on the fact that the boat you were in caught a lot of fish? I mean did the mojority of the boats have limits filled? When you go with a guide they make it look easy thats why you pay them. Also did you guys fish the bay or the ocean?

We fished Both the bay and the ocean. And yeah guides do make it look easy. But most of the time when i was looking around i always saw a bout with a net ready to net a fish, or a boat fighting a fish. It was a really good bite that day. And i did see a few boats with limits too.