Red tails

G
Geno
when you fish at siltcoos do you fish straight down off the dune or do you go to the north or south, im not familiar with this spot and would like to fish it instead of sparrow cuz it be closer

B
bythesea
Geno said:
when you fish at siltcoos do you fish straight down off the dune or do you go to the north or south, im not familiar with this spot and would like to fish it instead of sparrow cuz it be closer
I allways fish north of the parking lot you'll see a sign on the beach I fish about 15yd's or so either side of it. Good luck!! Here's a couple pic's from last week:)

DSCN0234.jpg DSCN0218.jpg

C_Run
C_Run
Nice setup. So the bucket is stuck in the sand and acts as a rod holder? Is that what I am seeing? Then the fisherman is in an easy chair with a beverage?

G
Geno
thanks for the info nice looking setup and tasty meal

S
Steelhead addict
I'll be down around Coos Bay this weekend for the Fourth celebration. Any recent reports on surf perch fishing? Is it worth me bringing a rod with me? Thanks for any info

B
Born2Fish55
Steelhead addict said:
I'll be down around Coos Bay this weekend for the Fourth celebration. Any recent reports on surf perch fishing? Is it worth me bringing a rod with me? Thanks for any info

They were still biting pretty good at Seaside last weekend... hoping to catch a few more this coming weekend if the tourist don't get in the way!

S
Steelhead addict
Thanks for the report from Seaside. If you don't mind sharing, were you fishing at avenue U, the first light in Seaside. Good luck to you if you go out this weekend.

B
Born2Fish55
Steelhead addict said:
Thanks for the report from Seaside. If you don't mind sharing, were you fishing at avenue U, the first light in Seaside. Good luck to you if you go out this weekend.

I was at the Cove at a spot by the Lanai Condos

B
bythesea
been out of town,so have'nt gone out lately but it's usually good this time of the year,,,,,,good luck and have a good 4th !!!

Last edited:
S
Steelhead addict
Borntofish55, did you end up going perch fising in Seaside? And if you did, how did you do. I ended up going smallmouth bass fishing on the Umpqua instead of perch fishing in Coos Bay. I wish I had more time this past weekend, so I could have tried for perch too. I actually like eating those fish. Maybe I'll try for perch this weekend at Seaside.