Recent trouts and bent rods!

O
OnTheFly
Nice! I've been rafting that section for 'Fun' for the last 20 summers and have flipped twice over Oak Springs in a 14ft raft but I can't imagine running it in a drift boat. Where are you going next?

L
lilsalmon
GDBrown said:
Sounds like you Rose and Dave have really managed to hook up with some nice people and have become true devoties of the Deschutes. I camped at the mouth on my way to Utah and stopped again on my way home a week later but the wind was just too much for me. It was blowing the indicator up river even when I left the line on the water! No joy for me that trip.

GD

Yeah the wind got us on many occasions....We have hooked up with good people, all of them from here on this forum. We need to fish soon, real soon.

OnTheFly said:
Nice! I've been rafting that section for 'Fun' for the last 20 summers and have flipped twice over Oak Springs in a 14ft raft but I can't imagine running it in a drift boat. Where are you going next?

We were actually in a 15 foot pontoon but I did think of you on occasion knowing you do it for "fun" quite a bit....When we going to gather? I haven't fished with you in quite some time. I am soooo ready for a campfire.

F
FlyBum
Way to go guys! :clap:

We did really well on our float today as well. RA got some good footage of me with a 20+er on the dry. We saw a lot of people throwing bobbers today but we stuck with the dries and did really well. It's always fun watching a fish bust to the surface for your bug! :)

Admins: What is wrong with the "Manage Attachments" buttons
(I can't load pix)

B
bigsteel
thanks guys,still waiting for pics.

Jim-we are hitting the owyhee next

flybum-lets see some video!!!!!!!!!the dry fly fishing was fantstic for us as well

Reactions: eggs
F
FlyBum
bigsteel said:
thanks guys,still waiting for pics.

Jim-we are hitting the owyhee next

flybum-lets see some video!!!!!!!!!the dry fly fishing was fantstic for us as well

I'll have to talk to RA and see about getting that up on U-tube!

Went fishing with Steelhead_Slayer today and be both got some really nice Brook Trout

S
steelhead_slayer
Thanks for a good day on the river. Next I'll show you that spot I was talking about.

Hopefully we'll be able to upload the pictures soon.

Last edited:
F
FlyBum
Hopefully this will work for pix!
(A big THANKS to SteelheadSlayer for wonderful camera shots!)

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: lilsalmon and bigsteel
F
FlyBum
Looks like I may have figured it out!! :) (what a dumbazz) Hopefully RA will get that video and/or pix uploaded soon. I think he is busy editing footage from the other week when he went and filmed some Bill Fish stuff down in Guatemala! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
L
lilsalmon
Wow....you guys did it again. Very nice fish and pics.

B
bigsteel
looks like you had a great trip!!!!!!!!!!excellent

E
eggs
Jake stop fishing so much.. it is pissing me off that I am not out fishing while you are!

F
FlyBum
eggs said:
Jake stop fishing so much.. it is pissing me off that I am not out fishing while you are!

Sorry dude, that's what I do! :)

I'm well on my way to another 100+ day fishing year!!!

J
JeannaJigs
Dave, rose...just saw your pics....now i'm depressed and think I need to go sleep for the next 5 days.

L
lilsalmon
JeannaJigs said:
Dave, rose...just saw your pics....now i'm depressed and think I need to go sleep for the next 5 days.

I wonder if calling in to work with explosive diarhea works :lol::lol:.....then I could go with you.

J
JeannaJigs
Nah you can't risk your job. I'll just go next year maybe. Or maybe not. For whatever reason i'm not supposed to go. If anyone wants to buy tribal permits and a boat pass and pretend to be me...I'll cut you a good deal, oh and if anyone wants to buy the $50 in flies I have that are worthless anywhere else...i'll cut ya a deal on those too.

J
jimmy
I'll add another Dechutes report.........

crazy weather: hot, cold, windy, still, heavy rain, and perfect weather... ya know.. normal.
sunrise12.jpg

first fish, second cast. taken on a phone as the only thing I had unloaded out of the car was my stick. measured 22".
first12.jpg

the fish seemed to know if I had a camera on me or not, I got a couple photos though. flies used were the 'norm woods' style golden and BIG #4 black and tan salmonfly.
reddark12.jpg

most fish were in close, REAL CLOSE. this one was the exception, out in a seam I had to work for.
rednorm12.jpg

and you know the fish that just refuse to have their photo taken? this is one of em... I gave up after three attempts.
blur12.jpg

good times, many a fish, 4 touched the 20" mark, plenty of time left this year to fish the big-bug hatch.

and for the 'snake-haters', found this little guy in camp and walked him upstream a quarter mile and let him go before some one freaked out and dropped a rock on his head..... I try and do my part.

snake12.jpg

J
JeannaJigs
Great fish. Crisis averted, I'll be there this weekend...snakes will be shot...just sayin'.

F
FlyBum
WELL DONE Jimmy!!! :clap:

brandon4455
brandon4455
some people don't understand that bull snakes(or gopher snakes whatev you like to call them) are harmless. they actually eat rattlesnakes. no point in killing them. the reason they are there is because we are in their home.. well done jimmy. nice fish too!!!

S
steelhead_slayer
good report. thanks