Recent trouts and bent rods!

M
mahmichael
FlyBum said:
WoW! Thanks Dick!

You're welcome! ;)
Sorry I didn't want to be rude. Just joking. Those are some nice fish.
I'll post my pics soon (if I get any!!). :rolleyes:

S
steelhead_slayer
Went to trout creek for a couple a couple hours after a half day at sherars. The hurricane winds keep the bugs down, but I still managed a few fish. It was a day of 3's. 3 fish on dries, 3 on the dropper, and I found 3 ticks on me.

F
FlyBum
steelhead_slayer said:
Went to trout creek for a couple a couple hours after a half day at sherars. The hurricane winds keep the bugs down, but I still managed a few fish. It was a day of 3's. 3 fish on dries, 3 on the dropper, and I found 3 ticks on me.

Hey what are you up to this weekend?? The upper D opens!! :)

S
steelhead_slayer
Sat. I'm showing someone sherars. I'll talk to the boss about fishing sunday though, or ill let you know if sat. falls through. Also I got Monday off and most of the week in the afternoon/evening free.

F
FlyBum
Ya, I get Monday off as well, I'll be heading up there on Saturday for the day and don't know what to do with the other three dayz? Let me know?

S
steelhead_slayer
count me in for monday :dance:

V
Van
Im heading to Maupin tomorrow, along with all the other fly fishermen in the PacNW. I will also be in Kahneeta on 6//1 through 6/5. Gonna fish on the res a couple days and Mecca and points north a few others. :)

F
FlyBum
Van said:
Im heading to Maupin tomorrow, along with all the other fly fishermen in the PacNW. I will also be in Kahneeta on 6//1 through 6/5. Gonna fish on the res a couple days and Mecca and points north a few others. :)

Sweet heard it's been good :) Think I'm floatin on Sunday!

L
lilsalmon
Just got back from 3 days in Maupin.....more to come soon. This weekend is the Riverfest...already was filling up with people and everything is booked and campgrounds are probably full by now......glad we did our trip during the week.

V
Van
lilsalmon said:
This weekend is the Riverfest...already was filling up with people and everything is booked and campgrounds are probably full by now.

Aw crap. Well, we will be taking a driftboat so we can escape to the other side of the river. I imagine most people are going to be up in and around town.

F
FlyBum
I'd post pics of the Toad Brookie my buddy Tom landed and tell you all about the day we had, but the Forum won't allow me to "manage attachments" :(

S
steelhead_slayer
dang it. i was hoping to hear how u did

O
OnTheFly
FlyBum said:
I'd post pics of the Toad Brookie my buddy Tom landed and tell you all about the day we had, but the Forum won't allow me to "manage attachments" :(
Post'em up in your profile.:think:

F
FlyBum
OnTheFly said:
Post'em up in your profile.:think:

It won't let me do that either! You could just checkout my FB.

E
eggs
FlyBum said:

Yea that thing looked like a pigggggggggggggggles!

F
FlyBum
Ya Got HHHeeeeeeeemmmm!!

E
eggs
V
Van
Did pretty good on our float down the Deschutes yesterday. It was the first time we ran it in our own boat, just ran Nena to Wapinitia. A nice easy float. Then the rain started and kinda killed it a while. Fun none the less. I caught a nice one that had a big chunk of flesh missing out of its back about the size of a quarter and 3/4" deep. Of course i walked off and left my camera in the truck.

L
lilsalmon
What a trip!!! Dave failed to mention the tons of people fishin (insert devious evil laugh) and all the other boats on the water. The only ones on the water were rafters.....and one drift boat on day 1 or 2. I finally got to witness Dave taking a fall :dance: . The pic of the two of them on the toon was taken after Brian anchored in the middle of the river and said I was the one getting out...yeah right...I slowly slid off the front while holding my breath cuz I thought it was deep....only shin deep. I swung what was a Silvey Soft Serve (Dave can correct me if I am wrong) and got to try my new Echo out....suhhhhhhweeeet. Its a beautiful rod and loaded so nice. Almost better than you-know-what....hehe.

Oak Springs....that is a class 4 rapid....and yeah, I almost fell off the toon...my whole left side was soaked. People do that for fun.....thats just plain crazy. And scary considering I try not to do white water.

Now a plug for Brian Silvey, The Deschutes Motel (totally remodeled and very nice and the owners Dave and Dawna are awesome) and the Stonebridge Bar and Grill's GIANT burgers....you gotta try them.

Can't wait to get the pics from Brian of our GIANT fishes...........

Reactions: bigsteel
G
GDBrown
Sounds like you Rose and Dave have really managed to hook up with some nice people and have become true devoties of the Deschutes. I camped at the mouth on my way to Utah and stopped again on my way home a week later but the wind was just too much for me. It was blowing the indicator up river even when I left the line on the water! No joy for me that trip.

GD

Reactions: eggs