Recent shad trip (video)

Aervax
Aervax
That is a lot of sturgeon bait. What ate you going to do with all those fish?

V
VMAN-Fishing34
shad food

shad food

Aervax said:
That is a lot of sturgeon bait. What ate you going to do with all those fish?

if made correctly its very good eating :)

S
steelie_killa
Its good but damn bony...lol....

H
HereFishy
Cool video. I went to Boneville on Saturday morning. It was the worst fishing experience I've ever had. My buddy warned me that it was going to be shoulder to shoulder. Even though I knew it was gonna be tight, I was surprised at how incredibly infuriated I became and how quickly I got to that point. The demolition derby that ensued as the day use area opened. Noobs tangling my line. People so close to me I had to watch my gear more than I was watching my rod tip. People directly behind me trying to cast over me. People moving even closer to me. Worrying about catching a hook in the face. More line tangles. Arguments. People moving in closer still.... I'll never EVER go back there again. Fishing is more about relaxation to me. Rather than just pulling fish out of the water. That was about as far from relaxing as fishing can get. It was a horrible experience. Our ultimate goal was to target sturgeon later in the day though. And bait doesn't get any fresher than a shad caught earlier that day. So you gotta do what you gotta do I guess..

Reactions: eugene1
T
Troutier Bassier
Vitaliy! Its George from school. Lets go shad fishing sometime!

E
eugene1
That's a lot of shad!

E
eugene1
LOL, it sounds horrible to me too!

HereFishy said:
Cool video. I went to Boneville on Saturday morning. It was the worst fishing experience I've ever had. My buddy warned me that it was going to be shoulder to shoulder. Even though I knew it was gonna be tight, I was surprised at how incredibly infuriated I became and how quickly I got to that point. The demolition derby that ensued as the day use area opened. Noobs tangling my line. People so close to me I had to watch my gear more than I was watching my rod tip. People directly behind me trying to cast over me. People moving even closer to me. Worrying about catching a hook in the face. More line tangles. Arguments. People moving in closer still.... I'll never EVER go back there again. Fishing is more about relaxation to me. Rather than just pulling fish out of the water. That was about as far from relaxing as fishing can get. It was a horrible experience. Our ultimate goal was to target sturgeon later in the day though. And bait doesn't get any fresher than a shad caught earlier that day. So you gotta do what you gotta do I guess..

V
VMAN-Fishing34
HereFishy said:

Haha it's a skill that needs to be mastered lol. I've been fishing there for about 5 years I'm used on the crowds.i am by no means saying that you are unskilled dont worry. Relaxing and fishing is the best though so I know what you mean.

O
OnTheDrop
VMAN-Fishing34 said:
Haha it's a skill that needs to be mastered lol. I've been fishing there for about 5 years I'm used on the crowds.i am by no means saying that you are unskilled dont worry. Relaxing and fishing is the best though so I know what you mean.

Niceee,

Except Shad fishing takes VERY little skill as millions of these guys come up the river. How does one "prepare" a shad for food? lol

V
VMAN-Fishing34
SteelmonKiller20 said:
Niceee,

Except Shad fishing takes VERY little skill as millions of these guys come up the river. How doesone "prepare" a shad for food? lol

Haha I know I know what I mean by skill is you have to have the skill to work in tight spaces lol and the fish do the rest. We prepare it by putting the shad thats been diced up into a large pot and boiling it in tomato sauce at low tempretures in the oven (lid on) for a long time. After about 8 hours we take it out and preserve them in small jars. That way all the bones break down and the fish had a nice rich tomatoe paste around it.