Questions?

T
Texas Basser
Try a tube on a jig. Pitch it right out near the fish and use small rod movements - just enough to get the the "tentacles" moving. Using a lighter color tube will help you get a visual on the tube. Sometimes it will take the LMB upwards of 20 mins to hit the tube....

Gunga
Gunga
Texas Basser said:
Try a tube on a jig. Pitch it right out near the fish and use small rod movements - just enough to get the the "tentacles" moving. Using a lighter color tube will help you get a visual on the tube. Sometimes it will take the LMB upwards of 20 mins to hit the tube....

Thanks for the tips. i will try that next time. i only have dark colored tubes. i will get some lighter color ones next time. What size tubes and what size jig heads should i use. Im going for really any bass that will bite but i prefer ones bigger than 1 pound.

R
ryan808
My 2 cents would be to use some type of shaky head set up and put something that imitates an attacking bait. You can through a brush hog type pastic on the head. I have been having luck with the flying squirrel, boat passed over the bass in 3 feet of water and it still hit it with us over it. If you show the fish some sort of danger with your presentation, they'll get defensive and or irritated and hit the bait. I would use bright colored baits or something with red on it.

C
colbypearson
all good advice if they are on beds but he didn't specify that they were, i still definitely say stick with the natural colors in clear water unless they are on beds then go with chartreuse or white... just how i like it bright colors work sometimes to i guess lol.

R
ryan808
I watched a tourney where Shay Grigsby won by fishing bedded bass, he fished it with a white ragetail with a red head and he was killing the bedded fish.

C
colbypearson
yep on beds the bright colors are best.

Gunga
Gunga
I dont know if they were on their beds. but i will try and get some brush hogs. and get some more brighter colors.

C
colbypearson
youngfishtyler said:
I dont know if they were on their beds. but i will try and get some brush hogs. and get some more brighter colors.

if there is two fish (one significantly larger) guarding an area tightly they are normally on beds or late prespawn, the area they will guard is normally free of debris and can show up as a white spot or lighter depression where they have swept the debris away from their bed, the only thing i stress about bed fishing is please practice C&R.

P
packers1214
Well i do have a question, i havent fished in many years, pretty much since i was a kid, getting back into it now and have really been drawn to bass fishing. I live in Beaverton so basicly the closest place that i know of that has some bass is Hagg Lake, at the moment i am only doing bank fishing due to the fact i dont have acsess to a boat. Any other lakes somewhat close to the portland metro area that has good bass fishing? thinking with in 45 min drive or so.