Pontoon boat: out of commision.

O
OnTheFly
This is what happens when a hot lawn mower muffler comes in contact with a rubber pontoon. My son is on my **** list for now.

• Pontoon Damage 004.jpg
  • Pontoon Damage 003.jpg
  • Pontoon Damage 002.jpg
  • Pontoon Damage 001.jpg
Chromatose
Chromatose
Bummer OTF!!!!

T
Throbbit _Shane
Time to bust out the duct tape!

Last edited:
GraphiteZen
GraphiteZen
Well he did bring you back from the dead. lol But that is pretty lame. Gorilla tape will fix that. Just pile the **** on in a web type patter, more on the inside of the outer shell. Put back together and pump her up. I have patched 8' gashes like this. It will work. At least for Trillium!

O
OnTheFly
GraphiteZen said:
Well he did bring you back from the dead. lol But that is pretty lame. Gorilla tape will fix that. Just pile the **** on in a web type patter, more on the inside of the outer shell. Put back together and pump her up. I have patched 8' gashes like this. It will work. At least for Trillium!
Ha....yeah and I almost died again after I saw this. I might have a shot fixing the bladder myself but the outer cover's got me concerned. The burned area around the hole will need to be cut out and that will encroach even closer to the seam. Any patch material applied there won't have enough surface area to stick before it overlaps the seam. I may need to use a lifeline and call a friend at Buck's Bags ID. for advice.

Duct tape?:rolleyes:

GraphiteZen
GraphiteZen
OnTheFly said:
Ha....yeah and I almost died again after I saw this. I might have a shot fixing the bladder myself but the outer cover's got me concerned. The burned area around the hole will need to be cut out and that will encroach even closer to the seam. Any patch material applied there won't have enough surface area to stick before it overlaps the seam. I may need to use a lifeline and call a friend at Buck's Bags ID. for advice.

Duct tape?:rolleyes:

I patch all my toons with Gorilla Tape. :)

Last edited:
T
TimberTodd
Ouch!!

E
eugene1
That sucks! I'm sure the boy knows it by now too.

Give a consideration to an aluminum replacement,

Best,

H
HereFishy
image.jpg
This is what I used to fix my waders. It says it'd work on your pontoon. 8 bucks at BiMart.

image.jpg
It comes with a couple pretty good size patches and a couple smaller ones. They're nice because they're a little bit elastic so they'll stretch with whatever fabric you put them on and they are VERY sticky. It worked like a charm on the knee of my waders.

L
lilsalmon
Jim, that sucks! there was a frameless pontoon up in the Bargain Cave at work.....it was sweet! If I had 250 bucks it would have been mine

J
JeannaJigs
Epically poor timing!

GraphiteZen
GraphiteZen
GraphiteZen
GraphiteZen
I want to state again that you CAN fix this in time for Trillium with a couple rolls of Gorilla tape!!!!!!

And I will also state that there will be no Gorilla tape applied to the exterior of the pontoon. I know this is an important detail to a snob like Jim. ;)

W
wozniasm
Oh that's cold!
The worst timing of all with Trillium!

Casting Call
Casting Call
A diffrent look at this !!!
lilsalmon said:
Jim, that sucks! there was a frameless pontoon up in the Bargain Cave at work.....it was sweet! If I had 250 bucks it would have been mine
As Eugene1 said "the boy knows it". As a father of three boys, I know that your son loves you very much. Children watch EVERY move and mood change that you make. I also know that your son would never do what has happen to you and your toon on purpose. Check your Dopel-Ganger. "things happen for a reason" your son may have saved your life! The alternative may be another toon/alum at another time and at another place. Hug you son for saving your life. CC p.s. for those who belive in Time Travel, their is a meeting LAST tuesday 8 O'clock sharp, be there or be square. LOL :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :lol:

N
ninja2010
Casting Call said:
A diffrent look at this !!!
for those who belive in Time Travel, their is a meeting LAST tuesday 8 O'clock sharp, be there or be square. LOL :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :lol:

i was there, and going back again tonight... they have had/will be having classes on how to fix pontoons...

@OTF,

zen is right, gorilla tape works great - at least for trillium, anyway... new bladder from buck's bags and pvc weld the outer for the long term fix.

B
BlueWater
Late to this, but for either thebladder or the cover, try some "belly board" patch material from an RV dealer. It's tough, it's self adhesive, and it works better than Gorilla tape. Nothing against Gorilla tape, it works on almost anything, but it loses adhesion when temperatures change frequently. Maybe the best patch would be the spiderweb of Gorilla glue for superior toughness with the belly board patch on top?

Belly board patching material is available as a tape in 4", 6" and 8" widths, or as part of a 4' wide sheet that you could then cut to cover the Gorilla tape patch.

When using Gorilla tape, the best results are when you use acetone to clean the area where you'll apply the tape. You can find all of this if you search on Google for ways to patch mobile... err: manufactured home and RV belly boards.