Plunking 4 steelhead

S
SandyChrome
Hey there guys, looking to start plunking for steelhead with the tribs being so low. Was hoping to get some ideas on places to go (some possibly kid friendly?) plz feel free to pm me if u want to keep a spot quiet ?. Thx in advance for any replies.

Plunking newbie with kiddos

Ps not sure what email is linked to this site so if u do respond plz send it here
Dominicfrederickson@gmail.com

Last edited:
S
SailCat
Plunking is generally considered a technique reserved for higher water levels rather than when the water is low (as it is 'most everywhere now). While other methods may be a little more challenging for the kiddos (depending upon their ages), you can find information on effective low water methods in earlier posts here in the steelhead section of OFF. Personally, I only throw spinners for summers but some are adepts with spoons while others drift year, corkies of bait.

Whetever you decide, best wishes and above all have fun!

D
DrTheopolis
I'm not much of a plunker, but I know the beaches on Sauvie's and Rainier are popular.

S
SandyChrome
Sorry, should have specified, looking for place on the big c to plunk. Thx u. I i will check out sauvies

S
SteelieRn
Might want to read the signs for the beaches on Sauvies. The wife and I were a little surprised the first time we went there and found nude beaches.

hobster
hobster
SailCat said:
Plunking is generally considered a technique reserved for higher water levels rather than when the water is low (as it is 'most everywhere now). While other methods may be a little more challenging for the kiddos (depending upon their ages), you can find information on effective low water methods in earlier posts here in the steelhead section of OFF. Personally, I only throw spinners for summers but some are adepts with spoons while others drift year, corkies of bait.

Whetever you decide, best wishes and above all have fun!

Couldn't have said it better myself. Great advice

J
Jordy
I figured you were taking Columbia which almost exclusively a plunking show for the bank bound fisherman. I haven't been out much but this year has been a small offering show. Tiny spin n glow, black, purple or other dark varieties with a tiny chunk of shrimp or prawn would be a good start.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk

S
SandyChrome
Thx, any tips on locations ? Airport or higher?

J
Jordy
I don't think there's much access on the Oregon side between the airport and rooster rock area.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk

S
SandyChrome
Copy , thx !!