places to bass fish

F
fisherman97
does anybody know of any good place to go fishing around Springfield and what i should use there?

F
Finneus Polebender
Hear ballenger has been closed off , same with most water right in springtown , delta ponds in eugene are stiil open not sure how the bass are holdin up out there though. As a beginner I would use a senko texas rigged no weight and plunk the banks .

bass
bass
I am not from down your way but I am smart enough to listen carefully when FP offers advice. He is definitely a bassin' assassin. Sorry I can not offer any ideas of my own.

T
Throbbit _Shane
Umpqua isn't that far. Neither is Dorena, Cottage Grove, Creswell.

F
fisherman97
Thanks guys I havent really basses fished anywhere around here so this info will help me

troutdude
troutdude
The eastern rocky shoreline, of Dorena Res., has a nice population of smallies.

Also, the southern shoreline of Fern Ridge Res. should be good right now. And don't overlook the Long Tom River, below Fern Ridge (and all of the way to Corvallis). There's a lot of private land, but many folks will let you fish if you stop and ask permission first. There's largies and smallies in there.

F
fisherman97
thanks i might go out and try the Dorena res like you said, i have never been there before do you know what works the best???

NWDiscer
NWDiscer
fisherman97 said:
thanks i might go out and try the Dorena res like you said, i have never been there before do you know what works the best???

Finneus Polebender said:
As a beginner I would use a senko texas rigged no weight and plunk the banks .

also maybe maybe try throwing a shallow/medium driving crankbait in crawdad colors around some structure. good luck

F
fisherman97
thanks i hope to be coming back with some fish

F
fisherman97
has anybody ever fished at ayers pond???

F
Finneus Polebender
fisherman97 said:
has anybody ever fished at ayers pond???

Have heard that name before just can't put a place to it, seems like there is a road named that. If you can get in there pitch the senko to see what up , then with some water conditions might be able to help ya with some other baits.

F
fisherman97
thanks for the tips i will differently try that