PIG at Lost Lake

T
Throbbit _Shane
I have a GPS. Its great when your in a city your unfamiliar with. I havent had any experience out in the woods with it though. If im in the back woods i try to use common sense :)

R
rainbowfisherman
Was this the lost lake along the coast? Up in the NE part of oregon

B
beaverfan
You mean NW? Yes it's in Clatsop County off of Hwy. 26. :rolleyes:

A
aka trouble
amazing place to get away wit the wife too!

N
n8r1
Nice fish! I'm hitting up Lost Lake the weekend after this (10 days from now) and hopefully will come back with a similar pic.

A
aka trouble
n8r1 said:
Nice fish! I'm hitting up Lost Lake the weekend after this (10 days from now) and hopefully will come back with a similar pic.
yah just watch for them they swim right up to the bank and they jump everywhere ! i caught that on a worm 3 feet under bobber ! had to swim to get him up to bank tho got caught on log!lolgood luck il probly b there!

F
FunFishClub
nice fish! how high is the snow goin in from 26? I was up there about 10 days ago and we got stuck and had to turn around. My girls car got high center ugh! what a pain that was haha. I just wanted to fish!
FFC

B
beaverfan
I just came back from the coast range and what little snow that was there should be melted by tomorrow. There wasn't any snow coming back on Hwy. 6 this evening.

S
slimyguts
OK.....I hear a lot about this Lost Lake, but damn.....I got lost both times I tried to get there. Someone what to tell me where the yellow brick road is and I will follow it!! I can find out of the way places like Lake Tahoe (in the trask area) and South Lake but damned if I can find Lost Lake. Unless.......maybe that someone who gave me directions did not really want to share....ummmmm.....

B
beaverfan
Last edited:
B
bigsteel
lost at lost lake thats classic:lol::lol::lol:

S
slimyguts
NO!! Lost before Lost Lake!! If I was actually at Lost Lake, I would not be lost.

Thanks Beaverfan, sounds much easier than the last time I tried to get there.

B
beaverfan
Well they call it "Lost Lake" for a reason! It's pretty hidden, there's no signs for it at all.

T
troutmasta
take 26 toward the coast left after mile marker20. you turn off after you cross the bridge. follow the road toward spruce run camp ground. You should be following the Nehalem. RIGHT AS YOU GET TO THE CAMP GROUND. about 5 miles I think. There is a dirt road off the left side of the road. It goes uphill. take it. Follow that road till youre absolutley convinced there cannot be a lake up there. About a mile after you think that, the lake will be on your right. Keep your eyes peeled cause it goes by in a jiffy. Look for cougers and bald eagles, I've seen both up there.

S
slimyguts
Trying to find Lake Tahoe the first time was quite the trick too. Left from home (McMinnville) and trecked up over the mountain. Then found there is a real simple way to get there from Tillamook side fo the mountain. O well. Sweet drive through the hills

Thanks troutmasta......I usually carry while fishin out of the way spots like that or the upper trask or nestucca or Siletz.

C
cw3849
slimyguts said:
OK.....I hear a lot about this Lost Lake, but damn.....I got lost both times I tried to get there. Someone what to tell me where the yellow brick road is and I will follow it!! I can find out of the way places like Lake Tahoe (in the trask area) and South Lake but damned if I can find Lost Lake. Unless.......maybe that someone who gave me directions did not really want to share....ummmmm.....

Lost Lake can be accessed from Lost Lake Road near the entrance to Henry Rierson Spruce Run Campground and from Quartz Creek Forest Road off Hwy 26 at milepost 27. Drivers should be aware that these are one way gravel logging roads that require more caution and slower speeds. Stay to the right and expect a vehicle around every corner.

N
n8r1
beaverfan said:
Well they call it "Lost Lake" for a reason! It's pretty hidden, there's no signs for it at all.

Confirmed, I was there on Saturday and there are no signs whatsoever telling you where the lake is or even marking Lost Lake Road. Luckily my GPS picked up Lost Lake Rd so I knew I was going the right direction.

On another note, I've never caught so many 5-8 inch trout in my life. I probably caught a fish 3 out of 4 casts. It actually got a little annoying having to rebait over and over and over again because I kept reeling in these little french fries. I put on a bigger hook to keep from having to bring them in, and all that resulted in was them picking off all the bait from my hook, so I still had to rebait. They were biting everything: power bait, eggs, nightcrawlers, and sandshrimp. Bobber off the top or a slider off the bottom, it didn't matter, they were everywhere. I ended up bringing home a couple 12 inchers and throwing everything else back. There were some big ones splashing around the surface but nobody caught one as far as I could tell.

I tried spinners with no luck though, does anybody have suggestions on what works there?

L
Left Bank
I was there yesterday with my old man sitting on the bank. We had many bites and many fish brought in but unfortunately they were all VERY small. We had a few that I'm not sure how they got their mouth around the end of the hook : ) My dad had one of those big ones jump right over the top of his bobber.

B
beaverfan
When I was there last we were catching the normal stockers. Right around 8 inchers, there were a couple nicer ones caught. Before they stocked it all you could get were the tiny ones. My guess if your catching small ones it's time to move. The small ones won't hang out with the big ones much so if there's a bunch of little guys around there likely isn't many big boys.