Oregon Rod Reel and Tackle in Eugene!!!

B
bigsteel
xltom said:
Hey Thanks a lot Brother!!! Glad to hear that the name still holds water all the way to salem....I haven't been very productive since I started back at school....I used to be famous like Steelhead Stalkers(kidding again) Now I'm just the old guy in class!!!! On the plus side, when I hit the studio now I get to make whatever the heck I want!!!

:cool::cool::cool::cool:

X
xltom
YOU GUYS ARE NOT GONNA BELIEVE THIS!!!!

He did it to me again!!!! I got a voicemail while I was in class from ORRT saying that he was sorry for standing me up and that if I came by he'd give me a discount. I jumped in the car and headed over there as soon as class was over. I got there about 4:40 and guess what!!! He closed up again.....this time I saw a sign in the window saying he'd be back at 5.....should I have waited 20 minutes???? I was fully ready to apologize and clear his name on this thread..He didn't mention it but I know he saw or heard about this thread from what he said on the message!!!

I didn't even get mad this time....I was laughing my butt off!!!! What a fool (him AND me)....

THIS ISSUE HAS BEEN RESOLVED!!

Last edited:
T
Thuggin4Life
I probably would have if I just drove over without talking. Maybe dude just needed to go the head ?

J
JeannaJigs
lol. wow. I'm not gonna comment on this shop...other than to say...I don't throw my money that way anymore for good reason :) I think that in the industry a little genuine customer service goes a very long way, and there are a select few places where I have had amazing customer service, and I have no problem spending alittle more on certain things for it. 2 bros and home waters have always had excellent service everytime. Their competition...not the slightest.

T
TTFishon
JeannaJigs said:
lol. wow. I'm not gonna comment on this shop...other than to say...I don't throw my money that way anymore for good reason :) I think that in the industry a little genuine customer service goes a very long way, and there are a select few places where I have had amazing customer service, and I have no problem spending alittle more on certain things for it. 2 bros and home waters have always had excellent service everytime. Their competition...not the slightest.

Never heard of Home Waters. What and where's that?

F
fishkiller
Maybe he had exsplosive diahrea.:lol:

X
xltom
fishkiller said:
maybe he had exsplosive diahrea.:lol:

this issue has been resolved!!

Last edited:
B
bigsteel
fishkiller said:
Maybe he had exsplosive diahrea.:lol:

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

J
JeannaJigs
TTFishon said:
Never heard of Home Waters. What and where's that?
Fly shop next to REI

F
fishkiller
A wise man once told me, if you love to fish don't become a guide. It could apply to tackle shops I'm sure.

F
fishkiller
xltom said:
of the mouth!!!!

Please remind me never to stand you up on a fishing trip, it seems you might hold a grudge.:D

T
Thuggin4Life
Just call ahead of time instead of not showing up and Tom won't care. Don't call and he will post about it on here.

F
fishkiller
Thuggin4Life said:
Just call ahead of time instead of not showing up and Tom won't care. Don't call and he will post about it on here.

Thanks for the heads up:lol:

X
xltom
fishkiller said:
Please remind me never to stand you up on a fishing trip, it seems you might hold a grudge.:D

Shushhhhhhh.......I'm hiding in his bushes right now!!!!:mad:

No seriously, I'm not even mad anymore. It only really bothered me when I took this dude to be a real business.....now I'm thinking of it the same as when some strange guy tries to sell you broken stuff on Craig's list.....I feel a little sorry for the guy. He obviously has no idea what he's doing....That's why I was laughing when I realized he wasn't open again...He probably leaves all the time because nobody's ever in there. I would too in that case

I have been devoting entirely too much time to this thread though....I keep checking back to see if he's gonna come on here and defend his actions...

Thuggin', YOU better not stand me up for a trip cause you always make me wake up way too early!!!

Last edited:
T
TTFishon
JeannaJigs said:
Fly shop next to REI

Cool, that's good to know. Thanks.

T
thepreditor
What Mike did wasn't very cool, but Ive known him for some time and he wouldnt do any of this on purpose. I wouldn't say daddy gave him the buisness or his 50k truck that he has had for som time now or his run down shack of a shop. Mike is a good guy and has a nice shop (a lot better than homewaters in my opinion). Ive shopped at 2bros and have no problems with them. Bill there is a very nice guy. But about ORR&T how can you say a bunch stuff you know nothing about. You have never been in the shop (Doubt you will). I have just stopped by the shop after five and he is there. The one thing about the shop, knowing him or not it has the best salmon steelhead selection around town. Sorry about your bad service and I hope you guys still give him a try. Also the only place you can get steelhead stalkers around town.

X
xltom
thepreditor said:
What Mike did wasn't very cool, but Ive known him for some time and he wouldnt do any of this on purpose. I wouldn't say daddy gave him the buisness or his 50k truck that he has had for som time now or his run down shack of a shop. Mike is a good guy and has a nice shop (a lot better than homewaters in my opinion). Ive shopped at 2bros and have no problems with them. Bill there is a very nice guy. But about ORR&T how can you say a bunch stuff you know nothing about. You have never been in the shop (Doubt you will). I have just stopped by the shop after five and he is there. The one thing about the shop, knowing him or not it has the best salmon steelhead selection around town. Sorry about your bad service and I hope you guys still give him a try. Also the only place you can get steelhead stalkers around town.

I agree that he didn't close his shop just to cause me problems, but the guy obviously doesn't care at all if people waste their time driving all the way out to his store. I'm sure he's a good guy, but what the issue is about, is the unprofessional way he runs his business.....I have been inside the store and met Mike 2 or three times(read the first entry in this thread). That's how I know he has a rod that I want. Your right about me having no idea how he affords the stuff he's got. His "nice shop" and expensive boats and truck are what made me speculate on how he got it...All his friends seem to not like the fact that I have a problem with his actions....but have no problem attacking all his competitors....Maybe he should make his place by appointment only....or like a club with memberships for his buddy's....He's a big boy(hopefully), he can stick up for himself

Last edited:
W
wormosa
fishkiller said:
:lol::lol::lol:

T
thepreditor
I dont like homewaters like you dont like ORR&T. Thats the wonderful thing about this country. I will give everybody a try (like you did). I still go to 2Bros and have bought rods from him in the past, actually contemplating on getting some oars for the drift boat from him. Maybe your on to something about the membership.

X
xltom
fishkiller said:

You're right....this is going way too far for me....

The guy told me to "come on down" twice and then closed up shop...That's all I want to say....I lost my "cool", and all that other stuff I said was innapropriate...and I apologize...I've got PMS or something.....Mike did seem like a nice guy when I met him...and the rest of you are just sticking up for the guy...which I respect...Maybe you(mike's friends) could give him a few pointers on customer service to help him out..so he doesn't have these kind of problems again. It probably wasn't fun for mike to call me and apologize..so I give him a little credit there...but it's funny that he left soon after. If you do decide to try mike's shop I would definitely call first...and don't just ask for his hours, tell him your on the way!!! At least until he gets his stuff together more...

I doubt anyone will be inviting me out fishing after my little outburst here....

Last edited: