Oregon Rod Reel and Tackle in Eugene!!!

X
xltom
thepreditor said:
What Mike did wasn't very cool, but Ive known him for some time and he wouldnt do any of this on purpose. I wouldn't say daddy gave him the buisness or his 50k truck that he has had for som time now or his run down shack of a shop. Mike is a good guy and has a nice shop (a lot better than homewaters in my opinion). Ive shopped at 2bros and have no problems with them. Bill there is a very nice guy. But about ORR&T how can you say a bunch stuff you know nothing about. You have never been in the shop (Doubt you will). I have just stopped by the shop after five and he is there. The one thing about the shop, knowing him or not it has the best salmon steelhead selection around town. Sorry about your bad service and I hope you guys still give him a try. Also the only place you can get steelhead stalkers around town.

Are you saying that I can't buy jigs from Stalkers directly? Just curious..

I'm actually a little bummed about this whole thing,.I made it down to 2bros today and they didn't have what I need...the only place in town I haven't tried is the mall shop and the fly shops...I still want the rod from ORRT but I doubt I'll swallow my pride again like I did today...

THIS ISSUE HAS BEEN RESOLVED!!

Last edited:
Raincatcher
Raincatcher
Smile,make everyone curious

Smile,make everyone curious

Nice deep breaths...inhale...exhale...need a chuckle? Read on...

A young zealous boy wanted desperately to work at a department store. He approached the store manager who responded they needed no help. Quite persistent, the boy returned again and again until the manager finally said "We're having a holiday sale tomorrow. Why don't you show up and you can give it a try." The elated boy returned the following day and proceeded to sell. At the end of the day the store manager called the youngster over and asked how he had done. The boy responded that he had sold $79,083.50 worth of merchandise. The manager asked how he had done so well. The young man said, "Well this guy was going fishing so I asked if he wanted some fish hooks, he said sure, That's $1.50. I asked if he had a nice fishing pole, he said no, so I got a graphite extension pole for $43.50. Do you have a nice reel, not yet replied the customer... so I got him a nice quick release reel for $35.00. I asked where he was going fishing and he said Strawberry Reservior. I told him the best places to catch fish are near the center, "Do you have a boat?" The man said he didn't so I set him up with a nice outboard 30 foot cruiser for $28,000.00. Then I asked if he had a trailer. He didn't, so I got him a double axle trailer for $3,000.00. Then I asked what he had to tow the boat. He only had a station wagon, so I told him that just wouldn't do, but we could get him a nice fully loaded Dodge Ram dually, racked and packed with a tow package, trailer hitch and everything for $48,000.00. He wanted it all." As you can imagine the store manager was astounded. "And to think it all began with that man asking for a package of fish hooks?" The boy replied, "Oh no, it all began with him asking for some tampons which were $3.50, so I replied, "Well you aren't going to be doing much else this weekend, you might as well go fishing!" (Contributed by Joe Mason) :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

F
Fishtopher
:lol::lol::lol:

X
xltom
Thanks for the smile:D:D:D

I'm seeing this situation in a different light!!!

charlie_brown_lucy_football.jpg

"chuckle"

Last edited:
S
steelhead_stalkers
You can buy Steelhead Stalkers Jigs online! :D Sometimes its nice to be able to go somewhere and pick them up in person though. Plus online the wait is like three weeks. :shock: Again sorry for the problems over there.

B
bigsteel
steelhead_stalkers said:
You can buy Steelhead Stalkers Jigs online! :D Sometimes its nice to be able to go somewhere and pick them up in person though. Plus online the wait is like three weeks. :shock: Again sorry for the problems over there.

who let you out of your jig tying station:lol::lol:met a guy the other day and gave him one of your micro jigs,,then turned around one cast and caught a 12 lb brooder......he then asked for your website:D:D

S
steelhead_stalkers
Thanks for the help!! Shipped out another order for you yesterday!

We are going to do a video out at one of the local ponds soon. Showing how we fish both off the bottom and with micro jigs! Great way to get into fish and very effective when its very cold. Thanks again. :D

Back to the jig tying station. :lol:

B
bigsteel
steelhead_stalkers said:
Thanks for the help!! Shipped out another order for you yesterday!

We are going to do a video out at one of the local ponds soon. Showing how we fish both off the bottom and with micro jigs! Great way to get into fish and very effective when its very cold. Thanks again. :D

Back to the jig tying station. :lol:

that be sweet,,,,,you have great videos...aaahhhh i love getting stuff in the mail,,,,thanks chad

X
xltom
I finally caught up with Mike from ORRT today...I was worried he might take a swing at me when I went in there, but he was really cool about the whole thing. He apologized again and was also sorry and disappointed to hear that he had missed me the second time..he explained that sometimes he has no choice but to run out during business hours(kids will do that to you). I asked him to try to tell that to customers when they call for hours, and let them know they could call and tell him they are on the way...if driving a long distance, and he agreed that might be a good idea. He gave me 15% off my purchases, which didn't amount to much. That's because he had already lowered his prices considerably since the last time I was there. I was really immpressed. The rod I wanted was like $40 before and it was marked down to $25 today. Wow, that's more than 33% and it wasn't on sale. He also took the time to check his suppliers for something else I wanted(at least 20 minutes). He had a few customers in there today too... So here I am, eating my words. I told him I would clean this thread up a bit and give him credit due(as I said from the beginning here)... I have also inquired about having the thread deleted entirely(it's as embarrasing for me as it is for him)...but I know you all have taken the time to share your thoughts. If you don't want it deleted, speak up here and I'm sure the moderators will take your feelings into consideration..... Thanks for listening folks

P.S. This thread had more replies than any other I've started. Nothing like a little drama to spice things up I suppose!:naughty:

Last edited:
B
beaverfan
:clap::clap::clap:

W
wormosa
i do not know mike and i will prolly never visit his shop, i :lol::lol::lol: because you got so worked up about it, personally if it were me, i would not have given him the chance to burn me again, it shows good on you bro, you are a bigger man then me...:clap::clap::clap::clap:

B
bigsteel
:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

X
xltom
Wormosa,
I gave my word in the second post of this thread. I keep my word whenever possible. Also, I went to the Mall pro shop today and they didn't have what I needed so I was in his neigborhood.

T
Throbbit _Shane
I plan on going to this shop in 3 weeks when im up there. I hope there open when i try HAHA

W
wormosa
xltom said:
Wormosa,
I gave my word in the second post of this thread. I keep my word whenever possible. Also, I went to the Mall pro shop today and they didn't have what I needed so I was in his neigborhood.

u did good bro.... wtg

X
xltom
wormosa said:
i do not know mike and i will prolly never visit his shop, i :lol::lol::lol: because you got so worked up about it, personally if it were me, i would not have given him the chance to burn me again, it shows good on you bro, you are a bigger man then me...:clap::clap::clap::clap:

While it's true that I'm a bigger man than most(6'4" 260lbs);)....I think this thread proves that I can be a big a$$ sometimes too...but thank you!!!

What's Hagg lake like? Is it far from Eugene?

Last edited:
W
wormosa
xltom said:
While it's true that I'm a bigger man than most(6'4" 260lbs);)....I think this thread proves that I can be a big a$$ sometimes too...but thank you!!!

What's Hagg lake like? Is it far from Eugene?
hagg lake is by forest grove/hillsboro it is a man made lake and there are alotof different kinds of fish there, i believe the world record bass was caught out of there like 3 to 4 yrs ago, there are some huge brooders in there, i have not caught one yet, but at the store there are pics and they are anywhere from 8 to 12 lbs and i am sure that is low in weight... last year i caught so many trout out of there, and i started late in the season, i cannot wait to start this year early... i am planning on getting a smoker and i want to try to smoke some trout, i have never had it before, normally i do not like trout as they are so boney, but i will try it...please be good :pray: and i grew up in springtucky lol all my family is still there, it is a town where when i am there i feel like i am home

Last edited:
T
TTFishon
I've been to Hagg once and one thing I liked that they did when I was there was have a separation boundary for the water skiers to keep them away from the fisherman. Do they still do that?

T
Thuggin4Life
Good to hear I figured something may have came up. Guy seemed like a stand up guy when I talked to him. Still need to check out the shop.

B
beaverfan
Since this thread has converted to a Hagg Lake thread have you guys heard about the expansion of Hagg? I heard on Oregon Field Guide that they were planning on expanding it to almost double what it is now. That would make for some incredible trout fishing!