On the fly without boat?

P
pdxstruve
Hi all,

I was planning on hitting Harriet Lake this weekend and was wondering if it was worth going with a fly rod and no boat. Can you fish the area where the upper fork runs into Harriet? Any fly suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Plan on bringing some chironomids and some other nymphs. Any other suggestions?

Thanks!
Brian

C
chrisohm
Well, depending on how busy it will/can be I would suggest getting a floatation source otherwise you will be trying hard enough to find a place on the bank to fish with the other guys. Its not that big of a lake and most of the bank access is on one side with half of it being steep. Timothy Lake has great trails all around the lake and would be better suited for some hike-n-fly.
There is no access that I know of to where the upper fork runs into the lake.

P
pdxstruve
Thanks. I have a kayak on the way. Will have to hit Harriet once I get that. Will check out Timothy Lake.

C
chrisohm
Its always better to see for yourself but if its busy go up to Timothy, either way its beautiful up there and you should have a good time with this nice weather we have!! Don't forget all the other hike in lakes we have...some treasures are there to be found.

P
pdxstruve
I have a huge list of them that I plan on tackling this season! love those small creeks on the Clack on the way up to Harrriet as well. tight lines man.