Older Alumaweld drit boat HIN location?

R
Rusty Stern
Just scored my first drift boat. A decent older Alumaweld! So stoked!
I need to find the HIN though. Need to get all the paperwork done and all I have is a bill of sale.
The older gent I bought it from had lost the title a long time ago and as far as I know the boat has never been registered.

I am assuming it is a mid 70's to maybe early 80's...maybe newer...hard to tell.

Where would I find the HIN?

Thanks

Rusty

D
Damquick
Some of the older ones did not have hin numbers my kb does not have one. places to look inside or outside of transom, front and rear gunnel. also you can take it to the lane county sheriff office if your in the eugene area and they will issue you a number . I did this on a sled I built

E
eugene1
Congrats on your new boat whatever one it is! I have a 1981 Alumaweld sled, the number is stamped into the top starboard side of the transom, not sure about drifters, but my buddy had an older Alumaweld that had the number on the transom also but it was covered up by the anchor system pulley, you might remove it to check.

Hope you enjoy it! where are you going to fish it?

R
Rusty Stern
Congrats on your new boat whatever one it is! I have a 1981 Alumaweld sled, the number is stamped into the top starboard side of the transom, not sure about drifters, but my buddy had an older Alumaweld that had the number on the transom also but it was covered up by the anchor system pulley, you might remove it to check.

Hope you enjoy it! where are you going to fish it?[/QUOTE]

Yeah bro...that be the boat!
Too funny. I had no idea there was a thread on here about it!

I was the first guy to call him, nice old guy...and he was nice enough to hold it for me.

I will check under the anchor pully. Good call...

Thanks!

Oh, I plan on fishing it on the trask and the Sandy...but hopefully more rivers too...
It's my first drifter and I am pretty new to rowing....

R
Rusty Stern
BINGO!
HIN was under the anchor bracket.

Thaks so much!

troutdude
troutdude
Awesome water scooter; and glad you found the HIN.

I call dibs on the first open seat!

R
Rusty Stern
Thanks for the tip Troutdude, and you are on for the first open seat!
As a new rower....you may want to wear your PFD and brace for impact....
May lose a few fillings!

W
waco
You got your self a nice boat for the money indeed! I bet you are going to kill lots if fish with it! let me know if you need some company! Hehe

E
eugene1
That is pretty funny, I called and chatted with that guy for about 10 minutes. He wouldn't sell it to me since he was holding it for you. You got a sick deal!

Now all you need is a kicker and you'll be set up for tidewater fishing bobber and eggs too. Lots of that up in Tbay.

Later,

troutdude
troutdude
Rusty Stern said:
Thanks for the tip Troutdude, and you are on for the first open seat!
As a new rower....you may want to wear your PFD and brace for impact....
May lose a few fillings!

Good thing I have a revolving credit line, with my dentist!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

R
Rusty Stern
eugene1 said:
That is pretty funny, I called and chatted with that guy for about 10 minutes. He wouldn't sell it to me since he was holding it for you. You got a sick deal!

Now all you need is a kicker and you'll be set up for tidewater fishing bobber and eggs too. Lots of that up in Tbay.

Later,

Yeah eugene, I was so happy that Rick showed great integrity and trust in holding it for me. Had to drive 6 hours round trip to get it. Worth every mile.....

Already got my short-shaft merc on CL and looking for a long-shaft.... :)

R
rippin fish lips
Rusty Stern said:
Yeah eugene, I was so happy that Rick showed great integrity and trust in holding it for me. Had to drive 6 hours round trip to get it. Worth every mile.....

Already got my short-shaft merc on CL and looking for a long-shaft.... :)

Congrats on your new boat man!! I almost Ditched the car i am gunna buy for that boat! I wonder how many ppl turned that boat down... that were looking at boats. It's good to know another OFFer swooped up on it!! Your life is about to change. It's a fishy boat.

You never see aluminem boats that cheap! Good deal fo sho!!! haha

Last edited: