Free flies

S
Sol
Hey guys

Bank fishing rod/reel guy here. I bought a couple older tackle boxes at a garage sale last week and one of them has a pretty nice assortment (I think) of flies in it. There was some fly tying material as well so I am fairly certain some are not store bought, but I have no idea. The boxes are kinda late 70's early 80's vintage type, and most of the tackle is the same era.

Anyway, I am going to be fishing just below the fly zone at the Rock Creek trib tomorrow morning, and if anyone wants them they're yours for the taking. If not I live in Creswell and can meet up with someone locally at some point to toss them your way then. I will try to get some photos up for you. If you're at Rock Creek tomorrow EARLY AM look for the guy plunking with a steelhead rod by the faster water above the bridge in the beat up red hat - my name is Brian.

I think they're pretty decent flies just guessing at the quality - but I am a pure fly fishing novice. They seem too nice to strip and recycle the hardware so I wanted to pass them forward.

20150516_164900.jpg20150516_164906.jpg20150516_164912.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: wozniasm
Raincatcher
Raincatcher
What a generous spirit! Thank you for sharing. :thumb:

troutdude
troutdude
X2. Thought oughta make the lucky Fly angler, very happy!

P.S. I predict a nice steelie, or 2, for you tomorrow!!!

T
troutmasta
Wish i was near creswell!

Great OFFer thatnks!

S
sapo
Dangg whoever gets these is lucky