%$@&!&* North fork Santiam Springers!!!!!!

T
Troutier Bassier
....Oh.

But how come in like rivers they arent very Chrome?
Are those still eatable?

F
FishSchooler
Eat em, find out. :lol:

P
PDXKush
They cut Pink from what I hear so I would think you're more than safe. I trust Kodiak to not let Southpaw go home with some Swine Flu.

F
FishSchooler
Haha, only the hawgs have the swine flu cause they are hawgs. :lol: Fish don't have swine flu, but them hawgs do. :lol:

As long as it's thoroughly cooked and not used as sushi, you'll be fine. :rolleyes:
All the bad stuff, if there were any, die in that heat. I guess those intense UV Inferno blades roast em good too! :lol:

K
Kodiak
Troutier Bassier said:
....Oh.

But how come in like rivers they arent very Chrome?
Are those still eatable?

TB also abreviation for tuberculosis...may consider name change....The fish are 290 miles from the last salt water. In the adult phase chinook salmon begin to degrade. The fall fish that make it this far I wouldn't feed to the owners of vibrax. Spring chinook age far more slowly in fresh water than fall fish. These springers will cut as bright orange as flame predator mini! No they aren't nickle bright when they get here, but I fish brass anyway. They have slightly more color than clack fish, and turn even darker when properly bled. As they mature they re-absorb scales....and hormones also contribute to the changing color...but still killer on the BBQ, in about 2 weeks the smoker.

T
Troutier Bassier
Ok Thanks.
I learn Something Everyday. (Not at school) Just kidding.

J
Johnny Southpaw
That first springer of mine had decent color upon leaving the water; by the time I took the picture it had been bled really well; before I stuck my knife in it I was a little concerned but it cut a beautiful salmon orange, just like Kodiak said it would. Very firm, tasty meat!