New to fishing!

F
fishaddict427
Hey im new to fishing and im in the troutdale area. I have fished sandy (no luck) and out in oregon city (no luck). Im using yarn and corky about 2ft leader in some spots. Also I have tried spin and glows.... wondering what im doing wrong ? What river should I be trying? I hear clackamas is hitting but what area should I drop my line? Heading to bonneville dam this Sunday what should I drop in the water? What setup and what bait?? Thanks for any input!! Good luck guys!

F
FishFinger
Welcome to our forum.

Your current rig up for the sandy is time tested as a perennially effective set up. (* just a wisp of yarn) Orange is the Sandy colour, pink for the Clack. Fish both with confidence, they will produce.

There are reports of summer Steelhead in the Sandy, spinners (#4) and spoons would be good to have in reserve as well.

Come August your corkie set up will put Silvers in your freezer, if you get it in front of them.

Admin
Admin
Welcome aboard!

F
fishaddict427
Thanks guys! What style spinners? Or brand? How about salmon when do they run through sandy and clackamas? Much appreciated

Troutski
Troutski
Welcome to OFF...

Welcome to OFF...

Welcome to OFF, you are in great hands.. be patent members will guide you to success..
Blue Fox in the size three or four, don't forget spoons.. very effective on Steelhead. One hint - you have to fish them deep, they say if you aren't loosing lures your not deep enough.
This means finding out how to tell the bottom from a fish.. The bottom feels solid quickly, a fish feels like a hesitation, once you feel the hesitation and realize its a Steelhead - you will be transformed for ever. If possible find someone to go with you, twice the fun... and someone to take that first photograph..
Best of luck and release all native fish unharmed.. Tight lines...

Chuck

F
fishaddict427
Thank you sir! Where on the sandy and clack should I go? Also what setup should be used above bonneville dam?

B
bigboy70
Try the search bar buddy slot of these questions have been answered lol. Because me and hundred of others have asked Tue same browse through the forums and also spots will be named in the threads